• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [lilli]
    The world swims in a haze of blue and greens; shimmers with an evanescence that reminds Lilliana of the gleam of spider webs in morning dew. Like them, Kagerus crafts a web of things that aren’t and are, that could and will be. The overo mare manifests and commandeers the unknown with an ease that Lilli has never known.

(There is a price to pay for that, she will later realize. Experience is always the currency for navigating the foreign and unfamiliar.)

"How do you know?” she asks with an ache that ripples through the dreamscape. For the chestnut mare, it is the thought she always comes back to regarding her family. There is no way for her to know if they are well or healthy or happy. There is no way for her to know anything of them and the stars have long fallen silent with their secrets.

There is a small smile on her dark mouth (and it is heartbreak with an upward curve) - another apology for asking so many questions. "I don’t know,” she finally admits, "and sometimes I wonder if the not knowing will kill me.”

It’s okay not to know, says a voice that caresses the troubled spaces in her mind. It is a moment full of admissions but Lilliana is glad to share them with Kagerus. Family, her own voice echoes back to the mind of the dreamweaver.

A look of love illuminates Lilliana’s copper face and her blue eyes light up with it, swirling the world around them in similar, wavering shades. (It fluctuates from the iron-grey of an angry Northern sea to the brilliance of an open Beqanna sky.) It is only the movement ahead of them that calls her away; her first maternal instinct regarding Nashua and Yanhua. There is still a battleline of fear drawing across her face - to embrace them to accept everything that has happened.

For them, she has too.

@[Kagerus] begins to dissolve into the infinite and for the first time since that day in the Field, Lilliana doesn’t feel afraid. Her mind doesn’t rush to assume the worst. Her pulse doesn’t rise to panic. They are suspended here and instead of resenting the lingering, Lilliana embraces it. Their shapes are hazy and she feels them more than sees.

Still, she knows them. They are as much hers - as much a part of her - as those she has loved before. The chestnut mare moves closer to them and despite the chaos that created them, she is filled with a surreal sense of calm. Before she dissolves herself into the essence of emotion that dreams around them, before the painted mare can completely evaporate and vanish into the magic of her craft, Lilliana smiles into the glow.

"Thank you.”

For reminding. For remembering. For family.

LILLIANA

all that i'm after is a life full of laughter
    (as long as i'm laughing with you)

art by vhitany
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [lilli] - by lilliana - 03-22-2020, 06:28 PM