• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sinner, Litotes, Anyone;

how come I never got used to the feeling of sleeping in a cage?
    too long driving, too damn hungry; a tied-up hound but nothing stays

They are beautiful, each of them, but Valdis warily eyes little Bruxas as the galaxy markings swirl to life. It is easy to claim the other two, to say they are both children of Sinner, but the palomino boy… How he carries himself, his mannerisms gentle as he scrambles to his feet, desperate to nurse. Everything about him screams Litotes, and although Valdis does not regret the coupling, she fears for the boy. ”My sweet son, you will need to protect yourself,” because she hasn’t seen his father in so long. If Sinner finds them first… A bout of fear grips her with icy fingers, and she freezes except for her eyes that trace each of their faces in admiration. ”My children,” she echoes as kisses are tenderly pressed to their heads, cherishing these fleeting moments.

Again, Valdis is alone for the delivery. Just like Erio.

A sigh passes her lips as she longs for the end of her solitude, but she doesn’t expect her wish to come alive so soon. Her body flinches when there’s a nearby rustling that disturbs the quiet. Defensively, Valdis positions herself between the crackled noise and the triplets. Her eyes desperately search the shadows. She should be glad to see the familiar golden eyes the haunt her dreams, but instead her heart wrenches with a throb of fear. There’s not an ounce of warmth in his arrival, and she watches as his gaze falls to Bruxas. It was only a matter of time, she knew, but she hoped to have a chance of hiding the boy, to shield him from this very moment. Alas, Valdis failed. Usually so brave in the face of the hellhound, she falters. An anxious clench of her jaws prohibits her from speaking at first, wanting to run and clutch the secret so close that it follows her to the grave, but she’s unable to lie to him or deny him.

He was, and will forever be, her first.

Underneath his piercing stare, Valdis flinches again and forces her teeth apart to confess, albeit hesitantly. ”I thought you left me when I was stolen,” she pauses to swallow the lump of emotion choking her, ”and he kept me company…” The triplets peer up as their mother inches back again. She is disappointed in herself to exhibit fear to him, but she has never been the source of his anger nor the source of betrayal. Opening her mouth, she almost says his name. Litotes. It’s there, flirting with her tongue, but she is distracted by a crack of a nearby twig.

Valdis

@[Sinner] @[litotes][/font][/color]

Messages In This Thread
    Sinner, Litotes, Anyone; - by Valdis - 12-06-2019, 12:51 PM
    RE: Sinner, Litotes, Anyone; - by Sinner - 01-25-2020, 08:20 PM
    RE: Sinner, Litotes, Anyone; - by Valdis - 02-07-2020, 02:39 PM
    RE: Sinner, Litotes, Anyone; - by litotes - 02-18-2020, 08:21 PM