• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Sorry For What Happened [Ruthless]

you are a craving I can never satisfy

The moment, she admits, is memorable. Only hours ago her mind had been caught in a whirlwind of emotions all centered to her mother, as usual. The dark mare had engulfed the filly in a bubble of protection, yet beyond the inhabiting walls of that bubble lied oceans and giant red trees and colourful colts like Kalil.

And part of her, just for a second, feels disappointment follow the memory of her mother.

Though, it is hard to get lost in thoughts as wave crash against her petite frame and carefully press the two bodies closer and closer to shore. She feels comfort in him, another security blanket though not as suffocating or limiting. Her light can come and go in his protective shadow, like an open door to allow her to feel and experience everything without having to worry about the hidden monsters.

Perhaps life outside the mysterious forest isn’t so awful after all.

Gulls call above them, trees hum their branches in the wind, and her body moves closer to Kalil for a little more comfort as the waves increase their power. Ever so slightly their shoulders bump, electric pulses shooting up her shoulder and into the centre of her chest, the softest glow of butterflies edging in her stomach. Touch from a stranger, a friend. Touch from someone not painted in depression and anxiety.

Oh, what a touch it is.

“Everyone makes mistakes,” she offers comfortingly, more truth to her tongue now than ever. Brine certainly had, but Ruthless could forgive her for that too. “It might not seem like it, but mom did that for me too. I think she is more scared than anyone that I might end up like her..” Her voice trails off, leaving Kalil to judge Brine how he chose to. If our little golden light could not make sense of her shadowy-guardian, who could?

Her eyes sparkle as they talk more of diplomacy or protection. Could she offer others what Kalil and Aten had offered her? She feels her heart leap, as if that had been the whole hidden purpose of her glowing decision to try that one more time in the field, that one more attempt at a better life. It had been brought to her on a golden-platter called Kalil, and she almost loved him for it.

Though, at her age and naivety she couldn’t put into words the appreciation she felt for the equally attractive colt. To her, the butterflies and electric were coincidental and altogether foreign, something she couldn’t put into emotion or words. A feeling the would keep buried within herself, like some dirty secret.

“That’s all I have ever wanted,” she finishes, reaching down to itch at an annoying pinch most likely tickled from the shift of water. “I want to make a difference one day, you know,” her voice softens as if recalling a warm memory, “I truly think if I did that, I would repay my mom for what she did,” her eyes darting to the ground insecurely before looking back to Kalil with a seriousness dotting her hazel eyes, “she kept me, and she didn’t have to. But something told her she should. She says I was her purpose.”

Ruthless

@[Kalil] I am low-key shipping them, and if you're ever into it we should totally plot something out. <3 I love Kalil so much!

Messages In This Thread
    Sorry For What Happened [Ruthless] - by Kalil - 12-05-2019, 06:54 AM
    RE: Sorry For What Happened [Ruthless] - by Kalil - 12-24-2019, 05:06 AM
    RE: Sorry For What Happened [Ruthless] - by Kalil - 01-12-2020, 09:20 AM
    RE: Sorry For What Happened [Ruthless] - by Ruthless - 01-13-2020, 01:00 AM
    RE: Sorry For What Happened [Ruthless] - by Kalil - 01-13-2020, 04:03 AM
    RE: Sorry For What Happened [Ruthless] - by Kalil - 02-02-2020, 11:04 PM