• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Sorry For What Happened [Ruthless]
    Even if she may have been concealing her excitement, Kalil could tell that the filly was eager to see what lay in store for them at the coast, where the ocean lay and stretched on for miles past the horizon. Her gait was calm and steady, but eager, a stark contrast to Kalil's excited prancing. Understandable, to a degree; perhaps she was just hesitant since she'd never been near the ocean before, she didn't know what to expect.

But that was why Kalil was so excited to share it with her; to show her the wonders and mysteries of the ocean, and give her a new lease on life by exposing it's beauty. Another reason why his excitement shown as brightly as the sun when he bucked and kicked amongst the waves in excitement.

Kalil's golden coat was turned a dark honey brown due to the salt water that soaked through his skin, but it did not diminish the elegant appearance he carried as he waded among the waves. Ruth seemed to hesitate a moment up on the beach before throwing caution to the wind and charging in to the ocean. A wave grew in size as the filly made her way out, seeming to catch her off guard since Ruth had to regain her balance when it crested and crashed down near the beach. Despite this, she recovered just fine, spinning around in her tracks to locate the golden colt.

Having spent a lot of time around the ocean, Kalil could hear just fine over the typical roaring noise that waves made, either during high or low tide, so it wasn't as hard for him to hear as other horses may initially figure. Still, the filly's soft voice, like a gentle breeze among a winter storm, just barely caught his ears, and the colt turned to see her wading toward him.

To help in case the waves decided to start growing bigger as the tide came in, Kalil moved a few strides toward the beach to where the water would've stopped at their knees. He smiled at Ruthless as she got closer to him, hearing her comment about his sire.

For a moment, in turn, Kalil could only watch her. She was a rather pretty filly, which was the maximum the colt's feelings reached at still a young age. Her golden coat, much like his dam's save for the dark markings, glistened with health in the sun, her silky mane and tail a shade between pure snow white and platinum like he'd seen on some other golden horses. Her limbs were strong and she carried herself gracefully, her hazel eyes on the colt as she came closer.

"Yeah, he's a pretty great guy," Kalil offered back, "He says he's made mistakes in the past, but I heard him joking with Mother that he says that so I won't idolize him too much. I don't know though, it doesn't seem like he could make a lot of mistakes when it comes to our family. Mother says everything he's done has been for us, and that includes you now too."

His smile grew, "That is, if you'd like to be part of our family. I know my Mother and siblings would love to have you, if you choose to stay here in Taiga. It's a great place to live, well protected, and there are plenty of friendly faces here. Plus, amazing sights like this," he glanced back out at the ocean briefly, "And if you decide you'd like to learn about protecting a kingdom or diplomacy some day, my Father and Mother could help teach you that too."

@[Ruthless] he can be a bit overbearing with a new friend XD

Messages In This Thread
    Sorry For What Happened [Ruthless] - by Kalil - 12-05-2019, 06:54 AM
    RE: Sorry For What Happened [Ruthless] - by Kalil - 12-24-2019, 05:06 AM
    RE: Sorry For What Happened [Ruthless] - by Kalil - 01-12-2020, 09:20 AM
    RE: Sorry For What Happened [Ruthless] - by Kalil - 01-13-2020, 04:03 AM
    RE: Sorry For What Happened [Ruthless] - by Kalil - 02-02-2020, 11:04 PM