• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  nothing hurts when I’m alone, ashhal

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

He hears everything she says, but everything in him refuses to believe her. He’s never anyone’s fucking choice, he sure as hell wouldn’t be hers. At the thought, his lips lift into an unconscious sneer. He’s not sure why she’d all of sudden now decide to say she cares when she’d never gave any fucking indication before, but he is sure she won’t mean it tomorrow.

“I just told you I’m not a fucking idiot Ryatah,” he growls, his own insecurity translating to anger on his tongue. “You have a choice. You’ve always had a fucking choice. But you only choose the ones who make it easy to walk away.” Like him. Like whoever the fuck else she has on her goddamned string. He isn’t about to ask. Doesn’t want to know. It’s irrelevant, like the rest of it.

He might’ve said more, might’ve spat the awful things in his head that would be sure to drive her away, had she not chosen that moment to close the distance. His gaze narrows on her as she moves in, as though she might fucking use her not inconsiderable wiles to assuage his anger. Except, her touch is gentle, almost tentative. Offering only comfort. Gentle acceptance.

He stiffens abruptly, sucking in a swift breath. Goddamnitall to fucking hell. He doesn’t do gentle. Or fucking nice. Doesn’t even know what the hell to do with it. So alarmed by this sudden development is he that, for a moment, he forgets to breathe. Really, to do anything. Like a fucking deer in the headlights. At least, until his lungs begin to burn and he’s reminded how necessary breathing is.

Exhaling on a wheeze, he flinches. It takes a long moment for her words to register. When they do, before he can think better of it, he expels on a short breath. “Don’t fucking kid yourself. You were just bored to death of that green asshole. It was never me.”

He can’t even formulate a response to her assertion that Noel looks and sounds like him though. Even he can’t really deny something so fucking obvious. Instead, he glowers at the small, pale filly as she shuffles unsteadily over to her mother’s side, clearly hungry. All the while, he inches the opposite direction, not quite sure what the fuck he’s supposed to do with this.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: nothing hurts when I’m alone, ashhal - by Ashhal - 02-21-2020, 05:38 PM