• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Take notice of what light does...to everything.
    It seemed that the older mare was trying to get some words out, but something was holding her back. Not knowing what it was, Aten and Kalil just watched her for a moment until the filly at her side spoke up. Her own voice is much higher than Aten's soothing deep tone, and even with Kalil's young age, his own is deep enough that it is quite obvious he is a colt without having to get near and smell him.

The filly strides over without a care, surprising the grown stallion with her openness. Kalil, however, was eager to make a new friend, smiling wide and standing tall as he pawed at the ground with one hoof until the filly got close enough that he could sniff her too. The filly's nostrils went wide as she, with Aten's understanding, inhaled their scent to try and figure out where they were from, Kalil walking forward to do the same and exchange pleasantries with the filly.

She introduced herself and her dam as Ruthless and Brine, her enthusiasm making Aten smile along with his colt. The stallion spoke more to the filly, sensing her dam's unease, "Very nice to meet you Ruthless. My name is Aten, and this is my son."

He stopped there to let the colt introduce himself. Kalil stood up tall, his chest pronounced, "Hi Ruthless, hello Brine. My name's Kalil. It's nice to meet you both."

After a moment of silence, the mare decided to speak up, though her words were hesitant and careful. She explained why they were out here in the Field, before stating the reason why was more for Ruthless and less for herself. This left little Kalil puzzled and Aten curious, but also understanding. He knew what it was like to seek help only for the sake of a loved one, and he had been on the receiving end of that too, ages ago, when his sister's herd stallion kicked him out.

Ruthless also seemed surprised, if the way she looked at her dam said anything. Aten was prepared to say more, but the group of four were soon joined by another... a mare, one Aten did not recognize.

She walked up to the group and greeted him by name, however, leaving Aten wondering how she knew him. She did seem friendly enough, not showing any signs of hostility, and Aten felt he was a good judge of character in most situations. The mare then introduces herself as Eurwen, along with a nickname, but Aten noted he would use her full name until he got to know her better.

She questions Taiga's recruiting before stating her home, but the second was not needed since Aten recognized her scent as well. The golden stallion gave his head a light shake, his forelock falling over his right eye as he spoke.

"Despite the... incidents, that have occurred between the parties involved with Taiga and some outside kingdoms, I am not going to shirk my responsibility. I still have an obligation to Taiga, to others that are here in the Field and searching for a home."

And speaking of Taiga...

Aten might've missed Lilliana if the mare hadn't spoken to him when she walked up, addressing him by name, before looking at the filly. Kalil, like his sire, greeted Lilliana with a dip of his head, smiling in a friendly manner at the mare. The colt moved to stand on Aten's other side as Lilliana came to stand beside him, and Kalil noted the power and poise the two adults carried themselves with as he looked up at them with a proud gaze in his eyes.

He loved his dam... his sire... and even if he didn't know her too well yet, he enjoyed Lilliana's company, and it seemed his sire did too. It appeared to the colt that his sire and the chestnut mare were good friends, something he hoped they wouldn't lose even with what had been going on in Taiga lately. He didn't understand politics yet, but he knew something was up.

Lilliana goads the idea of Brine and Ruthless paying a visit to Taiga so Ruthless could meet Aten's other foals, an idea he wasn't opposed to. Kalil was also pleased by this, giving his sire a smile, hoping Aten would agree too. Lilliana then address the roan mare, saying she and Eurwen could accompany Brine to Nerine since she wished to see a friend there.

Aten didn't have anything negative to say; he may be out recruiting for Taiga, but since he still considered Nerine a sister kingdom given his friendship with Heartfire. Aten addressed the mare and filly pair, "Taiga would be glad to welcome you, whether you choose to go see Nerine or not. There are many friendly faces in both territories, and I'd be happy to show you the kingdom I call home, and Eurwen seems quite eager too."

@[Brine] @[Eurwen] @[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Take notice of what light does...to everything. - by Aten - 11-25-2019, 08:31 PM