• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you've set my heart on fire, pteron

sometimes I'm terrified of my heart;
    of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants —
    She liked the forest because it was dark.

Pangea felt bare and exposed, but here in the forest she was wrapped in shadows, and the closeness of the treetops created a canopy that all but blocked the night sky above. There were places where the moonlight managed to filter though, dappling the forest floor with its silvery beams, and sometimes if she looked close she thinks she can see a star or two flickering in the gaps.

But for the most part, she is the only glittering, celestial thing to be seen, and maybe that’s why she likes it here so much.

When she had been born her mother had told her and her twin brother that they were the prettiest things she had ever seen, and Desire believed her. Both of them bathed in galaxies and stars, and Desire with her vibrant white and Stave with his impossible black; of course they were beautiful. She did not understand the reasoning behind why her mother would run her lips so slowly across her skin sometimes, like she thought the stars were going to come to life beneath her touch. Desire never asked – she just basked in the attention, and maybe that was when her insatiable hunger started.

There is no destination in mind as she walks, peering at the world with her black eyes and subtle smile. It did not occur to her to be afraid; she had lived with Stave for too long to be afraid of the monsters that lurked and waited for unsuspecting little stars like her, and so when she hears a sound, she does not start. She simply stops, tilting her pretty head in attempt to locate the source of the sound, and letting the girlish trill of her voice sing into the night, “Hello?”
    Desire

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    you've set my heart on fire, pteron - by Desire - 11-17-2019, 04:24 PM