• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    light a candle, cast a shadow
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    The little cub is quite adorable, he has to admit. Her soft rounded face and ears, while made for stalking prey, are endearing in one so small. She is still a predator though - which might be what saves her in the coming growth spurts, seeing as that she had a little trouble catching up with foals her age.

Her fear then, is something he immediately seeks to soothe, whether she might have hurt him or not. Her little claws knead into his leg, however safe for a few thumb nails they do nothing. And even then; the warrior has felt worse cuts than the little needle pricks she gives him.

There is no true comfort in not going to Pangea, he knows. It means she is still separated from her mother, still separated from her family in every possible way. There may be other lion-shifters among her half-siblings and yet he can claim it’s not selfishness that made him decide to keep the girl as his own, if she doesn’t want to go back to the desert-like crevices.

”Beryl it is,” he nods. ”A pale gemstone like you are.” he confirms, ruffling the top of her round, soft head before he retreats.

Her stomach growl confirms she might just be ready to try something else; however, her face is all question marks when she looks back to him. He nods, more seriously now. ”You’re a predator, Beryl. What does your gut tell you to do now?”

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Beryl]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 11-17-2019, 02:28 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 11-21-2019, 09:06 AM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 11-23-2019, 07:37 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 11-25-2019, 03:48 AM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 12-04-2019, 11:54 AM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 12-09-2019, 12:47 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 12-11-2019, 11:33 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 12-13-2019, 11:12 AM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 12-16-2019, 11:08 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 12-22-2019, 02:55 PM