• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  do you call yourself a hurricane like me, hestoni

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She hears the name Scorch in his mind, and while her name – and his, for that matter – do not ring with familiarity, perhaps she would make the connection someday. That the man before her, and the woman that starred in his memories, were the grandparents to Ophanim. But as it stands, she has never heard their names before, and truthfully she doubts if Ophie even knows who they are. She knew hardly any of her family – there was some names, but not many, since her mother had not exactly been the maternal sort. Family in itself was an entirely foreign concept to her; it didn’t exist outside of Ophanim and their children, as far as she was concerned.

His eyes catch the scar on her chest, and even if she had not caught the way his gaze diverted, she heard the thought in his mind anyway – a question that he maybe never meant to ask or think, but one that she answers still, “Carnage performed heart surgery on me.” It was an improvement, in her opinion. Ophanim’s heart was far kinder than her own, and there was something reassuring in knowing that it beat safely within the walls of her chest. She could feel it when it flinched when she did something that hurt him, just as he had the misfortune of feeling every twinge of jealousy that came from hers.

“I live in Sylva,” and this time when she speaks some of her facade has dropped, or at least, her words are not as honey-thick as they had been previously. She was never entirely genuine with strangers, but she has stopped being altogether fake, at least for now. “It’s a territory of Loess, the southern kingdom.” He says he does not know much of this Beqanna, but she is not exactly sure what he does know. She could give him a history lesson, but she wasn’t really the type. Even then, she was relatively young, having been born just before the plague. He likely knew more of Beqanna – even this current one – than she did. “You could come to Sylva, if you want.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Hestoni]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: do you call yourself a hurricane like me, hestoni - by Starsin - 12-18-2019, 01:10 AM