• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  do you call yourself a hurricane like me, hestoni

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

It was a dangerous thing, for her to have spare time.

There were other things she could – should – have been doing, of course. Like staying up to date on Castile’s plan for Loess and the unrest in Nerine and Taiga; or perhaps paying a visit to Pangea to properly congratulate Anaxarete on her ascension to the throne, since her previous interactions with the shadow-mare was just her dropping an egg off that had hatched an actual pink, fire-breathing, hellspawn. Not the best surprise she had ever received.

Instead of doing anything politically related, she had chosen to come to the river. It was strange for her to be apart from Ophanim and their family when not absolutely forced to be, but this morning she had awoken with a terrible restlessness that begged for some kind of relief. She blamed it on reaching the later stages of her pregnancy, and she was sure she would regret walking so far from Sylva once it was time to go back.

For now, she was content to stand along the bank, listening to the rushing of the current. Snow still blanketed the ground, the afternoon sky was dull, and the watery light that spilled through the pale clouds was cold and impersonal where it caressed against her shoulders. Lost in thought, she mindlessly curls her neck to touch her nose against the large scar across her chest, exhaling softly against the pulse of Ophanim’s heart that beat steadily against her ribs. The tight, clenching feeling of homesickness that she feels when she thinks about him is enough to make her decide to head back towards Sylva, but the interruption of another’s thoughts nearby causes her to pause.

With an inquisitive tilt of her head she follows the stream of thoughts, stepping artfully through the bare copse of trees that grow along the edge of the river. She finds a lone stallion, and that lazy smile has already woven its way across her lips by the time she calls out in the too-sweet, too-lilting lyrics of her voice, “Those are some bitter thoughts you have.” The shadows cast by the trees fall away as she steps closer, though not entirely into his space. Just close enough to look at him better, and to add with a false sense of regret, “Not that I meant to eavesdrop, of course. Just one of the many curses of being a mind reader,” she finishes with a despondent sigh, but the spark in her dark blue eyes likely gives her away. As if someone such as herself could not possibly be fully in control of every power that she wielded, but pretending was one of her favorite pasttimes.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Hestoni]

Messages In This Thread
    do you call yourself a hurricane like me, hestoni - by Starsin - 11-15-2019, 01:00 AM