• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what's past is prologue // raul
    You do not. Not by me, and from what you have told me, I do not believe by your dam.

He tries not to show his disappointment, but the way his wings and eyes drop ever so slightly probably wouldn't escape his quick-eyed father. Raul's guarded look works to discourage his son's curiosity and he doesn't ask for details. In the few months he spent with his dying mother, he had never challenged her. He had obediently fallen silent with only a look form her dark eyes, and he had learned to read her when words were difficult. Even in her weakness, she had occasionally had a temper (or maybe it was heightened by her misery) and his compliance had saved them both the discomfort and wasted energy of conflict.

But his sire was not his dam, he knew, and he takes a breath before working up the courage to bring up one more topic which he had been putting off. Raul only wanted the best for him, but still, it grates against the colt's nature to oppose the wishes (even unspoken ones) of his father.

"Maybe I'll meet some of them soon then," he begins. " Soon I want to go explore some of the other kingdoms and herdlands, maybe one of the islands or the pampas..."

Hearing the words out loud her grows a little bolder, the idea finally seems to become real.

"But I was just worried it would be hard to find you again."
    cleganetransparent

Messages In This Thread
    what's past is prologue // raul - by Clegane - 11-13-2019, 05:52 PM
    RE: what's past is prologue // raul - by Raul - 11-20-2019, 10:53 PM
    RE: what's past is prologue // raul - by Clegane - 11-27-2019, 05:09 PM
    RE: what's past is prologue // raul - by Raul - 12-04-2019, 02:52 PM
    RE: what's past is prologue // raul - by Clegane - 12-12-2019, 01:53 PM
    RE: what's past is prologue // raul - by Raul - 12-13-2019, 10:37 PM
    RE: what's past is prologue // raul - by Clegane - 12-19-2019, 04:02 PM