• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Covering all your wounds; Lepis
    Ilma
    One night I will be the moon
    hanging over you

One night I will be a star
    follow where you are
    The dun mare doesn’t fully trust her - how could she? Their past is made up of differing opinions, and rivalry perhaps between their kingdoms; or just a general dislike. But Ilma has weirder friends. One betrayed her trust during a rule all already knew would be brief, and for that she is not yet ready to forgive - when she will (she knows in time she will), she still won’t forget. Heartfire said to never forgive - to not fall back into the charm, something like that. But a difficult relationship with Castile does not mean she’s given up on him, on the man behind the dragon. He hasn’t condemned himself fully in her eyes.

And even if he has, there is always room for hope.

As such it is with Lepis too - nothing unforgivable. Besides, Ilma hadn’t been on her best behaviour either. ”I know better than to try and teach you when it doesn’t suit you.” She starts, referring to her mistakes back then. ”As friend I could listen while you set your thoughts straight, and let you come to your own conclusions. And, if you want to know, I could tell you what glimpses I can see, should you decide this or that.” The offer is genuine - and as she gives it, there is one other thing. ”Regardless of if you want to trust me with your decision-making progress, I only ask that you allow me to help prevent another war, if we can. I do not wish to see my friends hurt, nor hurt one another.”

After all, Lepis is not her only friend. Ilma’s relationships with both Castile and Nerine as a land, are strong and old. Heartfire is a relatively new player, but Ilma does not think Breckin would have appointed her if she did not trust what she did would be in Nerine’s best interests.

She finds herself in the middle ground with Lepis - a dangerous place for one alone, but better if shared with someone you can trust.
    Hurry, the sun is waking
    Darling, don't leave me waiting

@[Lepis]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Covering all your wounds; Lepis - by Ilma - 11-12-2019, 11:26 AM
    RE: Covering all your wounds; Lepis - by Lepis - 11-12-2019, 02:45 PM
    RE: Covering all your wounds; Lepis - by Ilma - 11-13-2019, 03:00 AM
    RE: Covering all your wounds; Lepis - by Lepis - 11-13-2019, 09:42 AM
    RE: Covering all your wounds; Lepis - by Ilma - 11-16-2019, 07:57 AM
    RE: Covering all your wounds; Lepis - by Lepis - 11-16-2019, 12:06 PM
    RE: Covering all your wounds; Lepis - by Ilma - 11-21-2019, 03:16 AM
    RE: Covering all your wounds; Lepis - by Lepis - 11-22-2019, 11:57 AM
    RE: Covering all your wounds; Lepis - by Ilma - 12-10-2019, 02:44 AM
    RE: Covering all your wounds; Lepis - by Lepis - 12-14-2019, 10:10 AM