• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  come along to the river; round 2
    <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Allura' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><style>.lucrezialayout {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #000;background-color:#8dbbb1;} .lucreziagradient {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;padding:10px;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: -o-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: -moz-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); box-shadow:0px 0px 25px #000;} .lucreziapic {width:600px; height:400px; background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/vZ3Hghs.png');background-size:contain;margin-top:-55px;} .lucreziaquote {width:600px; font-size:24px;font-family: 'allura', cursive;color:#1d2f3e;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:20px;} .lucreziapost {padding:40px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:5px;text-align:justify;font:13.5px times;color:#091016;}</style><center><div class="lucreziagradient"><div class="lucrezialayout"><div class="lucreziaquote"><center>Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water</center></div><div class=lucreziapost>There was darkness once more. She cannot see anything else but the blackness around her. The same darkness she remembers. I am back, she thinks with a heavy heart and a sigh of deep anguish.

It would always be this way.

Always the same.

“Lucrezia!” A deep voice calls out in the darkness around her. “Lucrezia! Wake up!” The voice calls out to her again. It was too familiar to her. The deepness of the voice and the demanding tone that rang with each word. “Get up at once, Lucrezia!” It commands her.

“Dad?” She calls out into the darkness. “Is that you?” It couldn’t be. It shouldn’t be.

She had died. The monster had killed her on the beach. She had deserved to die. He had done her a favor in the very end. Something she could never do herself. She had always been a failure. A coward at everything she had ever done within her life.

“I told you to get up!” It yells out. His voice is loud but somehow, she can hear it above the roaring of the waterfall in the distance. Waterfall? She thinks. There cannot be one. I am dead. I am so very dead! She was dead. There was no way she was alive now. She did not deserve to be alive. I am a failure. I am a coward. I could never save them. I could never do anything. In the end, she had always been blinded by her own faults.

“You have never been none of those.” He says, but she does not believe him. She could never believe anything her father told her. He had always been a monster. He was never the father she needed the most. “You are lying to me as you always have done. I cannot believe you!” She cries out to him. Her voice is loud and booms above the roar of the waterfall in the distance. “I am not lying to you. You have always been a fighter. You have always been brave. You can do everything. Get up now. Come home.”

Home? She cannot go home. It was not possible.

Then all sudden she hears a voice telling her she can go home. Lucrezia opens her eyes as the spray of water hits her face. She feels frozen suddenly. I shouldn’t be feeling this. It was a trick. She knew it was. Lucrezia blinks, her nutmeg eyes focusing on the world around her. She is laying on the edge of the river's bank. It was not the place she had died at. It was different. I am dead. She knows she is. Then how can she go home?

Lucrezia slowly stands. She stumbles a couple of times to find her balance, but something deep within her tells her to try. A small will pushes her forward. She instantly finds her balance. Lucrezia blinks as she takes in the rest of her surroundings. A massive waterfall roars down a little from where she stands at the river’s edge. Lucrezia stands among those that have died in a battle or fighting, but she had never thought of herself as a fighter. She had always been a coward.

Her gaze flickers across to the other side of the river. Instantly her heart drops at the sight of seeing a chestnut stallion. Rodrik—her father. “You are real?” She whispers. It couldn’t be true. “I’ve come to take you home. We need you to come home, Lucrezia. Come across the river.” Lucrezia shakes her head. It was not true. Her nutmeg eyes search across the river. It was simply all a dream. She would drown again. She would wake up in the darkness once more. “I cannot come home. I have no home. I have forsaken all of them.” Her voice is soft, uncertain once again. “You will always have a home, Lucrezia. No matter what you will always have one.” She takes a step forward instinctively. Home, she thinks. It sounded so nice to hear his words. Did she really always have a home? Would her family and friends always love her no matter the things she has done?

She can feel her heart beating. It feels heavy against her chest. Her heart longs to return home. She misses everything she had once—everything she had forsaken for the love of a monster.

Lucrezia takes another step forward and moves deeper into the river. She continues slowly with every step forward. The river’s current is strong. It is much stronger than the ocean’s current she remembers. It is stronger than the blows that ended her life. “I’m coming home,” she tells her father. “That’s my little Lulu.” Her heart flutters at the sound of a familiar name he used to call her. “Home. I’m coming, dad!” Lucrezia takes another step forward, suddenly her right front hoof gives out. She slips on the wet stone underneath her. The river’s current pulls her under quickly without hesitation.

I cannot go home. She knew it was too good to be true. There would never be a way for her to go home. She was too stained and damaged to ever be given a second chance again.

The current pulls her deeper under. Her lungs are quickly being filled by the river’s water. She coughs and chokes. Her body thrashes against the current. Lucrezia throws her hooves against the floor, trying to anchor herself to the bottom of the river. There was no hope—she was not strong enough. But she does not give up. She keeps trying to grasp onto anything that can pull her out.

With some stroke of luck, she finds a way to push herself up to the surface of the rushing river. Lucrezia gasps for air. She pushes with every strength and hope she can hold onto. It is a small thread, slowly loosening. But it is all she has left, and she just needs to hang onto it a little longer.

She throws herself onto the river’s bank. Her lungs gasp for air again. The water that filled her lungs pour out with every cough. Lucrezia gasps for air suddenly more. Something within her throat blocks her airway. She fights for air with every strength to dislodge whatever blocks her from breathing. With one last cough, a gold coin flies out of her mouth and falls in front of her.

Lucrezia stares at the golden coin with confusion. “That is your obol for your death—the price you must pay.” She looks across the rushing river at her father’s chestnut figure. A god tossing me a coin for life and death once more. Lucrezia turns to regard the gold coin again. “You have shown you are a fighter, Lucrezia. You have proven you are not a coward.” He tells her. It almost feels like lies. The same lies he used to tell her as a child before sending her away from the Chamber to live in the Deserts. It was just another bargain chip. Is this how she was to return home?

“I am not your game piece anymore, father!” She whips around to face him head on from the other side of the river. “I will never do your bidding anymore. You are nothing but a monster. You and Straia have never loved me!” Tears swell up in her nutmeg eyes, blurring the red figure of her father in the distance. Lucrezia shakes her head.

“We have always loved you, Lucrezia. You will always be loved by us.” His voice comes softer and almost kinder. There is an instant sadness filling his eyes and facial features. It is a side she has never seen before. “Come home and let me prove to you. Let me love you properly like I should have from the beginning…” His voice then trails off into the roaring sounds of the waterfall.

She looks to the golden coin once more. Her mind tells hers to forget about it all. It tells her to return to the river and go back to the darkness once more. But her heart is telling her differently. Lucrezia shakes her head knowing she has always followed her heart. It was her heart that had always led her to happiness in the end. It was her heart she needed to follow now.

Lucrezia grabs the gold coin and throws it into the river. As the gold coin touches the river’s surface, it slowly splits apart, making a pathway to the other side of the river to where Rodrik stands. Her heart beats heavy against her chest at seeing the clear path ahead of her to the other side. She takes a step forward, passing over the gold coin that lays at the bottom of the clear path she takes now.

She can only hope this was the right path.

I am going home.

Nothing tells her she is wrong.

Not even her heart.</div><div class=lucreziaquote style="padding-top:0px;"><center>...too close to the bottom.</center></div><div class=lucreziapic></div></div></div></center>
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    come along to the river; round 2 - by Nikkai - 11-09-2019, 09:45 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 2 - by October - 11-10-2019, 09:28 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 2 - by Dillan - 11-11-2019, 11:18 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 2 - by brigade - 11-11-2019, 11:20 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 2 - by Lucrezia - 11-12-2019, 03:41 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 2 - by Satan - 11-12-2019, 04:52 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 2 - by Ozzie - 11-12-2019, 05:52 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 2 - by Larva - 11-12-2019, 05:55 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 2 - by Nadya - 11-12-2019, 06:23 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 2 - by Faulkor - 11-12-2019, 08:36 PM