• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Starlace;
    The half-hearted kick elicits a throaty chuckle, unfazed by whatever emotion spurred the retaliation. This was their relationship, their life they forged together. Unlike so many others, they had no true love. There was opportunity – hunger - that tethered their souls. No honeyed words or tender kisses shared during those moonlit nights. In its memory, there was at least respect, but their copulation was instinct-driven. It was a need to continue their lines and solidify their legacy. It remembers much of its life, but most of it contained her.

It’s only right that when Starlace returns, they find one another.

”You’re telling me,” it hisses with a lip curled in disgust before it glances away toward the clusters around them, lost in conversation. Scavenging is only so interesting, so satisfying. It yearns for something fresher, to taste blood as it drips from its chin. It craves the invigoration of a chase and to see the fear in its victims eyes before ripping the life from their soul.

She saw it in its prime, when it murdered kings and sat on two thrones.

And now? Now Infection is hardly more than a shadow.
    At least, it muses, it’s alive… mostly…

Starlace shrugged in response to its question, but Infection hardly noticed as it sank into its bloodstained memories. Her voice is what pulls its attention back, bringing its sickly green eyes to level on hers. ”I’m not a subject. I’ve had no interest since our twins pulled their stunt,” thoughtfully, its tongue rolls across the jagged edges of its teeth, ”so I’ve watched from the shadows. Watched our children and their children… Watched as everyone was stripped of their abilities then restored, then plagued with sickness and healed. You’ve missed a lot since you died.” Its voice grates against her ears, raspy from neglect while it kneads the soil with yellowed talons.

To know more than her somehow spurs a lopsided, smug grin. ”I thought you had critical thinking skills,” the quip is icy but with a thread of ill humor, ”The faeries destroyed our homes. The Chamber is no more. Instead, these lands were found and named by the group claiming them.” Drawing in a slow, rattled breath, it considers the two lands she recalled as though they should mean more than the others. ”They are opportunities, Starlace. Every land is an opportunity.”

@[Starlace]

well, since photobucket removed stuff, there goes the old guy's html lmao

Messages In This Thread
    Starlace; - by Infection - 11-07-2019, 01:02 PM
    RE: Starlace; - by Starlace - 11-12-2019, 09:27 AM
    RE: Starlace; - by Infection - 11-21-2019, 09:28 AM
    RE: Starlace; - by Starlace - 12-08-2019, 09:20 AM
    RE: Starlace; - by Infection - 01-02-2020, 10:37 PM