• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  Come Along to the River; Round 1
    She doesn’t know what happened, not even when she drew in her final breath, but it was cold. Her body shuddered in Death’s icy grip. It was a peaceful, albeit lonely, demise. Brittle, old bones creaked with each new morning and her chest grew weary of breathing and beating. Without her lover, without Larva, she was nothing. Their passion and life together kept her alive, but with his blood there on the beach, there was nothing left for her. Goodbye, she remembered whispering into the crashing of the waves, her voice choked by the agony crushing her heart. Crushing it until she could no longer survive, until she no longer <b>wanted</b> to survive.

Even with their children on the ground, thriving, Dillan knew she only belonged to <b>him.</b>

There on the beach, she rested. Her body lied on the sand, her legs tucked close and her cataract-riddled eyes staring longingly across the ocean toward the distant horizon. Immortality did not keep her alive, love did. Age wasn’t something Dillan could escape. It found her every day and paled her coat more and more. Her soldier body, refined by muscle, withered until her hips and withers pulled sharply against her skin. What had once been a thick curtain of locks, dulled into matted mess of debris and tangled knots. But she no longer cared. Nothing mattered without him.    

<i>”I love you, Larva,”</i> she whispered into the cool, coastal breeze when it kissed her skin.

Without children at her side, and with her lover having already passed, the air from her lungs sighed one last time. Her aching heart, never having mended, crumbled after one final beat. Dillan hummed with a final exertion and lowered her head to the ground. The sand cupped her chin as her eyes drifted shut, succumbing to age and a broken heart.

Her soul lifted, however, and fled from a body that had long suffered. Like a beacon, Larva called to her and embraced her like countless times before. She smiled then - the first time since he died – as she melted into him, their love extending beyond life and into death, into eternity.

There are no days, no years, or sense of time in this world. Dillan looks up at him endearingly, but her nutmeg eyes flicker with uncertainty when he mentions their children and Tephra. A low, thoughtful hum vibrates through her, but she does not peel away from his side even as he implies to leave her and find the foreign volcanic land. They’ve suffered enough, he adds, and her lips purse tightly together because she cannot help to focus on the sibling love, then rivalry, between Shiya and Vulgaris. Most of their other children have vanished, but she has not seen them, not even here. <i>”I don’t know, Larva,”</i> she croons, afraid to intervene and afraid that they will again be torn apart. <i>”I don’t know if there is anything that we can do, but…”</i> she trails off and looks away from him, her gut wrenching with the knowledge that something is in fact brewing. Something is wrong, and she cannot bear to ignore it either, but her hesitation combats his confidence. She doesn’t fight him though because he is what gives her courage and strength. He asks if she will wait and her mouth opens to says yes – her answer will always be yes – but Larva is already backing away from her. In refusal, Dillan steps forward, and on the edge of her tongue is a beg for him to stay, but there is a clap of thunder, and he is gone. <i>”I love you,”</i> she says into the darkness, unwilling to let him go alone and unable to fight him on it. Shutting her eyes, Dillan’s soul feverishly follows her lover into the shadows.

Messages In This Thread
    Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Nikkai - 11-06-2019, 12:03 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Larva - 11-06-2019, 04:10 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by October - 11-06-2019, 08:48 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Dillan - 11-07-2019, 12:08 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Nadya - 11-07-2019, 11:18 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Satan - 11-08-2019, 08:27 AM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Cress - 11-08-2019, 09:39 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Ozzie - 11-09-2019, 11:04 AM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by brigade - 11-09-2019, 12:31 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Faulkor - 11-09-2019, 02:11 PM
    RE: Come Along to the River; Round 1 - by Vox - 11-09-2019, 04:18 PM