• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  they said i did something bad
    A shudder runs through him at her touch. So, he had not been wrong. Death had changed her. Not just as it changes all who pass through the veil into the afterlife, no. There was a time that she scorned those imbued with magic, though he was too young to really know why. As Beqanna had changed and evolved, he thinks she grew more accepting of it. He never would have imagined that she herself would wield it has her own. Mismatched lids shutter slowly over eyes filled with burning emotion. She turns his head from one side to the other and he hyper-focuses on the grasp at his chin. It was not hers in life but she is there in the contact. When he opens his eyes, he’s missed the nod but approval lurks in her firm gaze. The brush of her thumb draws a sharp intake of breath and he cannot help but luxuriate in her murmured words, his chest thrumming with a low growl.

Her attention shifts, as it always does, and he quells the primal urge to dispense of the distractions that gather at his mother’s feet. He meets Lugosi’s nod in stony silence, attention flickering over the odd quartet. Ana’s name on his tongue, Stave holds a momentary interest.

Starlace has come back just as she had left – suddenly, unexpectedly, and shrouded in mystery. Why now? To what end? Withdrawn from society for an indistinct amount of time, he has no answer to the question she poses them. He cannot even remember the last Beqannan war he had fought in … there had been that small, frozen wasteland incident, but the claimants and participants had refused to meet he and his delectable sidekick on the battlefield. Licking his lips, he steps in front of the others, temporarily blocking their view of her before moving to stand closer to her. The question hangs in his mind – what does she ask of him? – but it does not pass his lips, tail switching absently.

@[Tauti]

Messages In This Thread
    they said i did something bad - by Starlace - 11-04-2019, 11:35 PM
    RE: they said i did something bad - by stave - 11-04-2019, 11:40 PM
    RE: they said i did something bad - by Set - 11-05-2019, 11:54 PM
    RE: they said i did something bad - by Tauti - 11-06-2019, 08:36 AM
    RE: they said i did something bad - by Lugosi - 11-06-2019, 12:49 PM
    RE: they said i did something bad - by Starlace - 11-06-2019, 10:11 PM
    RE: they said i did something bad - by stave - 11-09-2019, 01:20 PM
    RE: they said i did something bad - by Set - 11-14-2019, 06:24 PM
    RE: they said i did something bad - by Sota - 11-16-2019, 10:49 AM