• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana
    What had been sharp a heartbeat before immediately retracts.

Lilliana swallows the heartbeat in her throat and looks to Lepis with an expression that slowly surfaces away from the fear. Lepis can't know that it has been a conversation she has had before - with her own mother, with Elaina, with Malachi. Lilliana has said nothing of them and she won't; she can't. So Lepis can't know the pain that laces through her at the words, at the memories that charge at her from the barricades of her mind.

And immediately Lilliana pushes it all away. 
    Buries it down in that never-ending well of emotion that she innocently assumes can never end.

She shakes her head again though this time it is a muted version of the one before. Her throat remains closed and then guilt rings true. It's a slip like she has done before with Neverwhere, with Brazen but Lilliana closes the walls around herself here. "It-it's alright," comes wavering out into the air between them when Lilli can find her words again. "I didn't mean.." she says searchingly, wondering how to amend or explain. 

But Lepis says they won't speak of it and the chestnut mare feels grateful to her for that.
    The tightness in her chest alleviates momentarily.

There is a feeling of fresh winter air that fills her lungs, it brightens her expression at the Comtesse's next words. Hope lights up her face and the last of her worries recede away like Taigan fog in the noon sun. "Truly?" she asks with a youthful expression that gives way to a lopsided smile. And with the humor that inspires in the moment, Lilliana adds with a playful toss of her head, "I've always been told my bark is worse than my bite."

She'd always been a poor fighter. 
    But this.. this could be a future for her. 
    A future for Taiga. 

"Thank you."

@[Lepis]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana - by Lepis - 10-25-2019, 07:31 AM
    RE: i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana - by lilliana - 11-12-2019, 10:50 PM