• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana
    Of all the things they talk about, they talk of fathers.

It's because of Lilliana's father that she stands here now. First for the promises that he made - impossible promises and demands thrust upon him, that he accepted because he had so badly wanted to be viewed in the same illustrious light as his own sire. And secondly, the Guardian and his chestnut daughter share a common trait. While Lepis stands there and tells her of her own father, a man she deems as a 'free spirit' which alludes Lilliana to think that he was either absent from her own upbringing or perhaps freer with his affections than might be deemed acceptable. 

If she could have found the words, Lilli would have shared with Lepis that the term could be applied to her own father as well.

But Lilliana struggles and instead merely nods to what the Comtesse shares.

The chestnut mare wraps herself around the memories of her family, withdraws within herself word by word because it is so much easier to dive into her past than it is to stand here. "Where I was born," she adds, "was very quiet. I was the youngest growing up there and we were a rather small realm." Lilli pauses her, trying to find a comparison between Beyond and Beqanna. "Like Icicle Isle. Just without the ice." There is a small smile as she tries to pull herself further away in the remembering. "Loess was perhaps a bit warmer as well?"

For a moment, Lilliana thinks she can do this. 
    And then that moment ends.

There is an awful, horrible void that fills her. 
    This is all horribly wrong.
    (How did she think she could ever do this?)

It is her father's Achilles Heel that shines through at this moment - something else he has bestowed upon his daughter besides her blue eyes. There is something in the way that Lepis speaks to her, of families and politics and children and husbands, that sounds to Lilliana that she needs someone to listen. As sick as she feels, as much as her stomach has twisted and knotted, as much as she has tried to draw herself inward and then recoiled from that, she can't bring herself to walk away from Lepis. 

The chestnut mare, much like her golden sire, has never been able to deny someone when needed.

"No," Lilliana quietly says. There is honesty in her gaze as she looks to the Comtesse though these words are difficult, "I only ever wanted them."

@[Lepis]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana - by Lepis - 10-25-2019, 07:31 AM
    RE: i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana - by lilliana - 11-07-2019, 10:50 PM