• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana

Lilliana hesitates with her question. 

She feels the full weight of her ignorance and she feels embarrassed by it. It flushes warm across her well-defined cheeks and she offers a reluctant smile to Lepis, an apology for the pause in her words. "I was wondering," she chooses her words carefully, not wanting to convey any disrespect to Taiga's leader. "Why just a treaty with Ischia? Why not offer them our full support?" 

Lilli studies Lepis's expression, her head tilting slightly to the right and her ears pricking forward as a result. She hopes that the Comtesse finds no offense in the question - there is none intended. But it has been something that the chestnut has wondered as the trio had ventured back to their Redwood home. If Ischia intended to serve as a refuge from the outside world, what could it hurt if Taiga extended her hand in something more than friendship? More than a treaty that was easily cast aside?

"I'm sorry if there is something I'm missing," she quickly adds. "I know the leadership on the island is new so perhaps it is best to broach it tentatively.." Lilliana says this more to herself than to Lepis, letting her mind think out loud. The places she knows of Beqanna are no more; the places that had been the scenes for epic romances and wars, of bloodshed and treason and betrayal are gone. There is no Forsaken Valley, no Chamber of Evil to tell her to be wary. Even Pangea, the place she has heard was one of Carnage's creations (yes, even she knows of that dark god), was home to the one soul that Lilliana has loved the most. So how bad could that place truly be?

There is still so much she doesn't know - she tries to learn as much as she can. The Champion has been kind enough to share some of that knowledge with her - the fire that razed this forest. The unsettling fact that he had once been the leader of this proud forest has rested uneasily at the back of her mind. There are more questions than answers for the Lilliana but she finds herself enough at ease with Lepis to ask, to let these thoughts wander spoken between them.

She keeps trying to paint a picture and as she looks to Lepis to guidance, she thinks that the Comtesse might be the key she needs to unlock it all.

@[Lepis]

but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana - by Lepis - 10-25-2019, 07:31 AM
    RE: i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana - by lilliana - 11-01-2019, 09:02 PM