• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [PQ - in progress] Easily the best I ever had - any fairy
    When he returns, she keeps him waiting, there on the edge of where the mountain becomes icy and impassible. Keeps him waiting, as if she is evaluating his performance. Which is ridiculous – the ageless fae had been watching him since she sent him away; watching as he goes about his life, and seems to put actual thought and effort into the task she had set him. It’s a welcome change from the arrogance of his youth; if this had been the face he’d presented the first time he came to the mountain, perhaps she would not have pushed him off a cliff.

So polite he doesn’t come snarling and demanding into their space, waiting instead at that nearly invisible demarcation between the Mountain that is simply a landscape of Beqanna and the Mountain that is the physical part of their realm. Polite enough that she doesn’t keep him waiting forever, and even walks up to him with a faint smile, as if they are old friends, not a creature of immense power and a supplicant who has finally realized that he might get farther with introspection and an honest effort.

Light eyes trail from one end of him to another, as if her presence wasn’t already an indicator of his success. If he had failed, she simply would have left him to wait until he grew discouraged and went home. She settles, sighs, and a wind blows across both of them that is momentarily, <i>unbelievably</i> cold. He is sure to notice the changes – though it might take a moment since they it is a subtle mutation of traits he already had. <i> “You found something on Icicle Isle.”</i> she says, with a tilt of her head. <i> “Perhaps that was a sign.”</i>

She won’t offer anything else – no glimpse into future or past events. Simply the gift he had asked for, worked for in good faith, and her observation. To do with as he will.

(sorry, I'm the worst. But his quest was successful and you can submit an update for ice dragon shifting in exchange for his dragon mimicry & dragonice :3 ) @[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Easily the best I ever had - any fairy - by Ice Fairy - 02-03-2020, 12:10 AM