• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm hovering throughout time - any

LIKE WATER FLOWING INTO LUNGS.

The shadowmare narrowed her eyes as a young stallion moved towards her. The cold woman is not one impressed by size or brute strength - she knows that both could be as much of a hindrance on the battlefield as an asset.  She knows all the ways to turn all his perceived strengths into weaknesses - she’s seen it all before, and exploited them to her own advantage.

He sported two large horns but it seemed like there wasn’t much in the way of brains between them. Anaxarete paused for a moment at the sheer audacity of the young stallion’s greeting. Did he truly think that a battle scarred woman would swoon at an unwanted compliment?  If only he knew. It was nearly enough to make her laugh. Nearly. But her stony expression never faltered; never changed.

“That’s close enough, boy,”  she quipped, her voice cold - emotionless. There was no welcome in her greeting. The shadows around her feet recoiled and spiraled around her legs in warning. She did not back down as he approached - but turned her gaze directly upon the creature. Her icy blue eyes bored into him, giving the impression that she could see right through him.

And she could. 

“You should think before you speak, if you’re capable of such a thing,” her voice is still flat and cold, “I could turn you inside out if I had the thought to do so.” The tone is matter of fact, because it would be effortless for her to ruin him.  It would only take a thought to let her shadows consume him, to strip his flesh from his bones.  But the shadowmare was a master of control, so her facade never cracked - never betrayed the thoughts pounding through her skull.

“I am more than my looks, and you’d do well to remember that in the future. Beqanna holds many secrets in her shadows.”  She has yet to pull her cold gaze away from him. She would know about the things that hide in the shadows. She knows those creatures - has lived among them - has created them. 

Though small and unassuming, Anaxarete could easily become a living nightmare.
    Especially now, with absolutely nothing in this world to contain her. 

A N A X A R E T E
    been there, done that
    image credit  

@[Jakub]

Messages In This Thread
    i'm hovering throughout time - any - by Anaxarete - 10-15-2019, 07:56 PM
    RE: i'm hovering throughout time - any - by Jakub - 10-15-2019, 09:45 PM
    RE: i'm hovering throughout time - any - by Anaxarete - 10-15-2019, 10:49 PM
    RE: i'm hovering throughout time - any - by Jakub - 10-16-2019, 08:56 AM