• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hello my old heart, villanelle

I guess I've got a taste for poison; I've given up on ever being well
    I keep mining the horizon, digging for lies I've yet to tell

How stunning, the way the heart blooms and bursts.
    She feels like there are wildflowers caught in her throat.
    This is an unbridled joy unlike anything she’s ever felt before.
    Even brighter and bolder than the absolutely delight she’d felt when she learned that she could make the flowers and the trees and the grass dance.
    Because the sun shines here and it warms her to the darkest corner of her chest when she turns her face up to it.

She hears the shouting but she has no way of knowing it’s directed at her. So, she goes on spinning in her slow circle and allows her laughter to swell up big and bright in her chest. She lets it swallow her whole.

She turns in another circle and then stops short when she notices another filly, striking both in color and presence. Her head swims as it anticipates another slow circuit and she blinks herself back into some kind of equilibrium. She conjures up a kind of breathless smile, tilting her fine head a fraction as she considers the filly’s questions.

I’m not going anywhere,” she says with a voice like honey, “I’m staying right here.” It comes out sounding like a promise and the smile remains.

I was trying to see everything at once, but I’ve just made myself dizzy.

She glances over her shoulder at the edge of the Playground behind her then shifts her focus back to the filly standing before her.

I’m Lovewell,” she says, though the girl didn’t ask. “What’s your name?

Lovewell

Messages In This Thread
    hello my old heart, villanelle - by lovewell - 10-15-2019, 02:14 PM
    RE: hello my old heart, villanelle - by lovewell - 10-16-2019, 02:23 PM