• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  call upon the wild
    The darkness is sudden and breathtaking, leaving me dizzy after my brief encounter with the ice encrusted fey. Her acerbic words linger in the darkness, echoing in my head long after they should have faded. The cold, because yes it's damn cold, wraps around me like a cloak of knives. Urg. Apparently the faery stories are all mostly glossing over how bitchy the faeries can be. 

The darkness clears, and the warm air is shocking after the frigid black. "Fuck me..." I groan, shaking off the strange feeling my skin is crawling with. The strangeness continues as I regain my balance, looking around only to realize that I am not where I was. More faery trickery. It's clearly not the mountain I'm standing on any longer.

There is a river near by, thick vegetation and bird song. It could be any generic piece of land, there's nothing to really tell me where the icy being has landed me. And she wants me to do what? Experience the pain I want to bring others. It's all very goodie four shoes, but I don't know what else I expected. 

My teeth are already clenched by the time I notice that I'm not alone in my new surroundings. Another lurks beneath the shade of a tree, her feet wet and muddied by the river sludge. In what is somehow the least shocking moment of the day, I know this creature. "Well, well, well. If it isn't baby vamp. The hell are you doing here?" 

My curiosity is flavored with bitterness. I can't say I'm pleased to see her. After the morning I've had, it really isn't ideal now having to socialize. Not when I've got to go find some stupid snake or lizard or other bitey asshole to chew on me. It's like homework but so much worse. 

@[saint]

Messages In This Thread
    call upon the wild - by saint - 10-11-2019, 10:39 PM
    RE: call upon the wild - by Rebelle - 10-13-2019, 11:31 AM
    RE: call upon the wild - by saint - 10-16-2019, 12:22 AM
    RE: call upon the wild - by Rebelle - 10-16-2019, 02:12 PM
    RE: call upon the wild - by saint - 10-17-2019, 10:42 PM