• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I feel a bad moon rising; lilli & diplomats
    It has been years since the dun mare's last trip to Ischia, but it is not hard for the trio she leads to find their way there. West until they can go west on dry land no more, and then a wait for lowest tide so that they can make their way across the sandbars without having to swim against the pull of the ocean. 

Celina is too brave by far, venturing toward the deepest water despite her mother's caution, but always cavorting back with a kick of her pale feet toward the sky and a cheerful laugh.

"Didja know I'm part kelpie?" She asks Lilliana, "I was kinda hoping I'd grow a tail in the ocean but I guess not." The yearling doesn't sound especially disappointed though, and instead breaks into a gallop so that she can be the first to reach the sandy shore. 

Lepis responds to her daughter's chatter with a well-developed patience and far more coaxing than corruption, though she does call her back sharply when Celina looks as though she might be about to go exploring into the jungle.

"We need to wait here," She says to Celina, glancing over at Lilliana to ensure that the other mare heard her as well. Though the chestnut had readily volunteered to take part in diplomatic visits, Lepis also knows that she is still green and doesn't want to risk chastisement of a new diplomat by the unknown residents of this tropical land.

Last she had heard, a Nereid ruled here, but with the way that the tides of Beqanna - and perhaps those of Ischia - so readily shifted Lepis holds no expectations. Best to keep to the protocol that has always served her well, and for now that means staying at the edge of the land, and calling out in case their arrival had not yet been noticed.

@[Lilliana]
    @[Celina]
    @[ischia diplomats]

Messages In This Thread
    I feel a bad moon rising; lilli & diplomats - by Lepis - 10-03-2019, 03:32 PM