• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i want to try everything; smidgen
    Smidgen
    Great things come in Small packages
    The tiny mare beams up at Lilli, basking in her compliments. No one had ever told her she was pretty before, and while she never thought badly of herself, it was very nice to hear it out loud. Not that beauty was all that important to her, she thinks, but it's still nice to know. "You think so?" Her eyes dance with joy as she giggles softly. "Thank you, Lilli!" Hardly able to contain herself, she does a little jig in place where she stands. The russet mare states she has a touch of the Fey about her, and Smidgen grins at the knowledge of just how right she is. "Perhaps."

Their conversation changes to flying, and Smidge listens to her friend's attempt to explain why she dreams of it. Not that she needed to, the tiny mare understood quite well. So, she nods along, staring up into the clouds and smiling softly. Lilli talks about how when she was small, and it makes Smidge snicker just a bit. "The thing about being small is that you have very little to do except look up! I had the very same dreams as you." And she decides to hint at her secret ability by talking about the clouds. Her leaked blue eyes lock on the taller mare's face, and her expression brightens with humor as Lilli catches on to what she said.

She laughs, light and whole-hearted. "Honestly, it gets really chilly up there, and the clouds feel like a dense fog. One time I went through one and came out with my hair all wet! Had to come back down before I shivered to death!" She accentuates her recount with wide eyes and dramatic shivering, ending on a giggle. It is then Smidge decided to go on and show her friend how such a thing was possible, demonstrating a short flight and raining sparkles over Lilli's head.

Once she returns to the ground and faces the other mare, she is vastly relieved by the warmth remaining in her blue eyes. "I like them to be a surprise sometimes." She says, smile turning rather sheepish. She doesn't say that she hides them at times because they aren't always viewed with appreciation and Smidge really doesn't like it when others don't like her. It was often easier to hide them until she knew them a little better. With Lilli, she is happy to reveal them. "I hope you aren't offended that I didn't show you sooner? And I'm definitely a little short on any other secrets." She ends on a giggle again, feeling silly for making so many short jokes. All in good fun, though. "So where are you from, Lilli?" She asks, wanting to know more about the pretty scarlet mare.

Messages In This Thread
    i want to try everything; smidgen - by lilliana - 09-29-2019, 09:01 PM
    RE: i want to try everything; smidgen - by Smidgen - 11-09-2019, 09:39 PM