• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I took the stars from our eyes and then I made a map

I took the stars from our eyes and then I made a map
    and I knew that somehow I could find my way back

Orion doesn’t quiet remember how she has gotten here.

Most of it all is a blur now.

She only remembers how dark it had gotten instantly. The bright blue skies turned quickly grey. She remembers something wet dropping down on her face when she inspected the dark sky above. Someone had told her it was rain. Mama! She remembers now. Her mama said that rain was a good thing. It made all of their food grow and taste delicious.

But where was mama now?

Orion’s ears flicker back and then forward. Her eyes quickly dart around the forest she finds herself in now. Quickly, her long legs carry her forward. She outs let loud cries for help.

“Mama!”

“Mama!”

“Where are you?”

The silver grulla filly searches across the forest. She looks behind large trees, under logs, and a billion other places she could think of. None of the places she looked her mother was not there.

Orion stops in her pathway. Her legs feel wobbly from all of the run. But a part of her gives up looking any further. Where did her mama go? She only remembers the rain and the dark clouds. And the loud boom that came suddenly.

A storm.

It was a storm that came.

“Mama!” She cries out again.

Orion moves slowly towards a nearby tree. She curls into a ball and cries softly. All she wanted was her mama to come and find her. She was beginning to feel hungry now.

– Orion –

@[Endellion1992]

Messages In This Thread
    I took the stars from our eyes and then I made a map - by Orion - 09-24-2019, 05:29 PM