• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  stagnant.
    A COLD WIND'S WHISPERING SECRETS IN YOUR EAR

Heloise watches - equal parts suspicious and curious.  But the suspicion melts away as the sandy mare attempts to explain her predicament. Heloise can understand, to some degree. She had lived in various avian forms for far longer than her equine body.  However her memories had never been trapped in another body.  Perhaps that was because cougars had more going on between the eyes than a bird. Who knows. (Heloise didn’t.)

But to the avian mare, she got the distinct feeling that the other shifter quite liked her life as a cougar.  Heloise had no qualms about living the rest of her days as a bird, but it seemed her body had another idea entirely.  Sometimes she wished she could go back on a full-time basis. Life was so much easier then. Maybe this girl could do what she could not. 

“Would it really be so bad?” she asks, tentatively.  Clearly the woman had enjoyed her life in a cougars body more so than her confused life in this one. Would slipping back into that familiar skin and the life she so clearly enjoyed be terrible? “If you do get stuck - would it really be terrible?” she asks, inclining he head in a very avian sort of way.

“Maybe your memories are locked in that body, since you lived in it for so long. Sometimes if you linger in one body, the instincts can sort of...take over.”  Or so Heloise had assumed. Seeing as migration is a vary un-equine impulse, and here she was.  But maybe shifting back was the answer, which seemed like a sort of cruel joke seeing as that was exactly what the sandy mare had been avoiding.

“Maybe you should try. I mean - can’t I just tell cougar-you the predicament once you’ve shifted?” It seemed stupidly simple to Heloise. But that didn’t mean that it wasn’t just stupid and not so simple at all. Oh well. She did have one fleeting thought before stepping back and allowing the sandy mare to try to shift back.

”Just, uh, promise not to eat me, okay?” She says, in jest. Yep. Definitely just in jest. She wasn’t at all afraid of being devoured by a cougar. Nope. Not at all.

(Lie. Big lie.)

H E L O I S E

image credit

@[Vastra]

Messages In This Thread
    stagnant. - by Vastra - 09-22-2019, 10:29 AM
    RE: stagnant. - by Heloise - 10-15-2019, 08:30 PM
    RE: stagnant. - by Vastra - 10-25-2019, 10:03 PM
    RE: stagnant. - by Heloise - 10-25-2019, 11:02 PM
    RE: stagnant. - by Vastra - 10-26-2019, 09:23 AM
    RE: stagnant. - by Heloise - 10-26-2019, 10:44 AM
    RE: stagnant. - by Vastra - 10-26-2019, 02:21 PM