• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  All for One [Heartfire & Castile]
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Respectfully so, Castile stands patiently and quietly as Jesper proceeds with his purpose. The scenery is strange, almost a warning. Meet in a more or less enemy territory. Acutely aware of his surroundings, Castile takes another sweep while his ears reach forward to heed the tale purposefully unraveling.

It’s strange, he muses, to be thrusted into a familial predicament. It spurs his mind into action as he considers the two sides, imagining from both a father’s standpoint and the child’s. Relatable, really. A twinge in his heart reminds him of his follies and the mistakes he has made in the past. The memories twist and turn throughout the chambers of his mind, replaying with each breath he takes. Heartfire is silent, observant, which surprises the draconic king though he makes no comment of it. Instead, he rolls his shoulders in calculated conclusion to Jesper’s peculiar request. ”Interesting,” he murmurs, his voice a throaty growl, predatory by nature and not spurred by the situation. He mulls is over, tossing the idea side to side and uncover every angle, but his thoughts eventually screech to a halt.

”Jesper,” he begins, sparing the Nerinian queen a final glance before disregarding her as the conversation steers between the two men. She is a bystander, null except for her place as hostess. Licking his lips thoughtfully, Castile lifts his gaze to meet the stallion’s. ”You can’t force the reunion. If the kid doesn’t want to know or meet you, then don’t force it down his throat – he may resent you for it.” Santana and Raul were not at all pleased with him when he tried interjecting their lives, reminding them they had a father that cared. Everything played out poorly, which may happen to Jesper if he pushes the matter. ”I will admit that I’m not a fan of the idea to steal him from one of my territories, as kind as you are to give me notification. It’s my role to protect Loessian territories and the wellbeing of the inhabitants. If he doesn’t want to acknowledge your existence, Jesper, then I will not push that onto him.” He pauses to draw in a breath, considering the options.

It’s a turbulent endeavor in every direction which elicits the hesitation gnawing as Castile’s bones.

”I can try finding him and making him aware of you. What he does then,” he sighs as another casual shrug ripples through his shoulders, ”is all up to him.” He will not send the boy away, nor push him any direction. It will be a neutral passing, a learning experience that he still has kin available at his fingertips.  

castile

@[Heartfire] @[Jesper]

Messages In This Thread
    All for One [Heartfire & Castile] - by Jesper - 09-15-2019, 09:24 AM
    RE: All for One [Heartfire & Castile] - by Jesper - 10-08-2019, 09:55 PM
    RE: All for One [Heartfire & Castile] - by Castile - 10-22-2019, 09:16 AM
    RE: All for One [Heartfire & Castile] - by Jesper - 10-25-2019, 07:25 AM