• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you always seem to give me another try; aten
    Aten shakes his head and says that he could use some pleasant company.

Lilli feels a knot forming in her chest, a twinge of guilt that rises at his words. Of course, he was under pressure. He was the Protector of Taiga and he was kind enough to spare a moment for the crimson mare. But Aten had other responsibilities and things he could be doing and Lilliana for a moment wishes she had come to him with something other than questions. She wishes that she could have truly come for the simple pleasure of his company.

Aten’s eyes grow serious and Lilliana’s expression stills, quiets in the way that a moment stills before a summer storm. She isn’t sure if she is ready to hear his answer. Her heart flutters with hummingbird wings in her chest and Lilli, despite knowing that Beqanna is different and changed, hopes for a moment that there might something of what came before. She hopes that perhaps somewhere out there might be a link to a past that might help lead her to a future.

Lilliana has felt for some time that she has one hoof in her past and another in the present, living in this odd sensation of being neither here or there. She keeps waiting for something and she isn’t sure what that might be.

Wilder things have happened here and wilder things could happen still, she thinks.

The Dale is gone. But Aten offers hope in his words – that she might learn something of it in the others who still carry the memory of the Forbidden Dale with them. It isn’t the answer she has hoped for but it still offers an idea. There is still something to aspire to here, something that might be revealed and determination flashes behind those blue eyes. She refuses to be disappointed. Lilliana tilts her head up to Aten and offers her gratitude in a shy smile, ”Thank you Aten. Do you know anybody from the Forbidden Dale? Anybody who might know something of it?” An immortal, she muses or some magical entity.

But when her own brash questions subside, she is left with the knowledge that Aten had spent years alone in the forest. She can’t imagine years of wandering and solitude – months had been more than enough for her. Her heart goes out to him and it softens her features, the determination fading into something gentler that stays: ”Is that how you met Turul? Living in the forest?” Her head raises and she glances beyond Aten’s proud facade for a moment, searching the top of snow-covered trees for a sign of his winged companion before her gaze comes to rest on the champagne stallion again. 

LILLIANA
    i left home on account of snow
    (buried all the things i know)

@[Aten] I mentioned that she knew Turul's name.. hope that was alright? If not, just let me know and I'll change it!
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you always seem to give me another try; aten - by lilliana - 09-17-2019, 08:00 PM