• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thought I'd died and gone to Hell // Mary
    I followed her obediently, kicking at random stones in our path. Her description of the available jobs in this kingdom is all very interesting. However, I'm doubtful as to where I might fit in. There seemed to be an awful lot of rules involved in dealing with the general public, and I sort of didn't roll with that? 

It was super tempting to just bail while I had the chance. Super tempting. But I had to remind myself that anything was better than where I'd come from. I could pitch in if it meant a little bit of security. I could put up with quite a bit if it meant I never had to see my mother again. 

"Um... whatever, I guess. Just put me anywhere." I shrugged again. It didn't really matter. I'd fight anyone over anything, and it didn't make much difference if that was physically or verbally. I got the same satisfaction from crushing souls as I did from crushing bones. Not that it needed to be public knowledge just yet. As long as I had something to do, I'd be fine. 

This Mary seemed comfortable navigating here, like she'd lived in this territory all her life. Not that I had much to compare it to, but the rocky landscape seemed like a decidedly dull place to spend a childhood in. Unless that child was really into rocks and scrubby trees. 

"So like, are there kids around, or did everyone just kind of migrate here after puberty?" I asked, looking at the landscape. There were plenty of hiding places and switchbacks to get lost in. Probably plenty of other horses to fill in the cracks. And dragons. Couldn't forget those, now could I? 

@[Mary]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Thought I'd died and gone to Hell // Mary - by Rebelle - 09-16-2019, 09:59 AM