• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thought I'd died and gone to Hell // Mary
    She thinks she's so clever, threatening me with dragons. If only she knew. Dragons have had an influence on my life since the day I was born, and I had spent the last little while in the company of my brother. His temper wasn't as bad as some, but I wasn't a stranger to the dangerous glow his eyes sometimes took on. As often as not, I was the cause of his ire. Sometimes on purpose, sometimes not, but either way, it was easy to do. 

I smirked as she turned, shaking my head doubtfully. "I don't think that'll be an issue." Not for me, anyway. They might have an issue with me. Most horses did, and it was better that way. Today though, I'd play nice. I followed gamely along at the grey mare's hip, stepping lightly as a fairy. 

What could I do for the kingdom? An interesting question. No one had ever asked me to do more than stay out of the way. A bit of honesty, then. "I don't know what I'd be good at." Maybe they needed a professional pest. Someone particularly good at inciting violence. A dark giggle escaped me. "Probably nothing that involves making friends. I tend to rub others the wrong way." A shrug rippled my shoulders as we walked. "What kind of things do you usually have newbies do?" I asked her, genuinely curious. There seemed to be more structure here than I had expected. 

Following her through the scattered trees, I looked around, familiarizing myself with the lay of the land. It was a nice enough area, pretty in a way. Open enough to not be suffocating. That was important. Wherever I ended up, I had to have escape routes. I could put up with a lot, as long as I had a way out. 

@[Mary]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Thought I'd died and gone to Hell // Mary - by Rebelle - 09-10-2019, 08:46 AM