• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thought I'd died and gone to Hell // Mary
    One finely scaled brow quirks upward at her admonishing tone, and I glance back to the fragment of mouse flesh at my feet. It's coated in dust and coagulating blood now, lifeless. My game has made for an awkward first meeting with this female, and thats as far as I regret it. 

I huff a bit impatiently as she lectures on this so called Loess. My ears prick only when she gives her name, which I set aside for future reference. Mary. A name as plain as the mare it belonged to. My teeth show in an icy grin as she wraps up her spiel, head tipped lazily to one side. "If I strike you as weak, then by all means, run me off. But this seems like an interesting place so far. Mind if I hang around?" 

I am intrigued by her claim that this was no place for weaklings. Fragile feelings and thin skins made for boring interaction. Where was the fun in walking on eggshells and hoping no one got mad at you for breathing? Gods knew I'd had enough of that. No, here I might actually find challenges beyond daily survival. It might be an option worth exploring, if I could get away with it. 

In an utter switch on my demeanor up till now, my face ignites with a beaming smile, a happy, girlish little crow hop bouncing me like a child. "Gee, miss Mary, I'd be ever so happy to call this place home." I giggle, a sound so foreign to me, I almost don't recognize it as mine. My vibrant wings flutter like a butterfly's, and for all the world, I could pass as a happy kid. Batting my eyes, I look at her like she's everything I ever wanted to be in life. 

@[Mary]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Thought I'd died and gone to Hell // Mary - by Rebelle - 09-04-2019, 12:47 PM