• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  i feel a bad moon rising; jesper
    The white stuff did not wait until winter to start accumulating. Fall, as you know it from the mainland, is brief on Icicle Isle. The blanket of snow is just deep enough to touch your fetlocks, as a horse. It is light and powdery so, easy to walk through. However, Jesper finds it much more fun to bound through the snow, as a fox. Today, his lean chassis assumes the form of his canine counterpart. His pelt is a silvery gray base with intermingled hairs of a steel hue over a dense white undercoat. His ears carry the bronze tips he earned in the Beqanna Games and, his eyes are the same aquamarine color as always. Jesper tracks the movements of his prey beneath the cover of white. His acute senses pick up the scurrying and, in silence, the fox hones in on the unsuspecting snack. In a single leap, he sticks his landing and catches the mouse. He devours it swiftly. It is only after he swallows and, lifts his nose well above the snow, that Jesper picks up her perfume. His acute senses detect her fragrance well before she announces herself.

Lepis

Were her ears burning? It was just the other day that Leilan had mentioned her name. Jesper could not help but feel that she knew she had come up in conversation. Perhaps, she had a spy here? He likes to think such a notion is not possible (given how sparse the Isle is) but, it would not be the first time he let something go unnoticed. He whole-heartedly intended to visit Taiga come spring. Well, he still would but, she was on his doorstep now. Without a second longer, the canine leaps into action.

He bounds effortlessly, through the snow, as he approaches the winged lady. As her scent grows stronger, more concentrated in his nostrils, Jesper feels his nerves tingle. The fur on his shoulders and back rise, out of anticipation. He refrains from showing any teeth or, growling (not very diplomatic) though, every fiber of his body is on edge. At last, he pounces into the powdery ground cover right before her. His abrupt stop sends snow into the air to dust his face and her nose (given the height difference). The fox does not sit. That body posture is reserved to display appeasement or, deference and, she deserves neither. Standing before her, he picks apart her familiar scent, which is heavily laced with the must of the redwood trees and, the musk of a male, whom Jesper presumes to be her mate, Wolfbane.

He stands, alertly, and, makes eye contact. While his body language thus far merely suggests an overly cautious and, over-stimulated greeting, Jesper manages to keep his gaze casual and his fur-lined ears facing forward. His jawline betrays a slight tension though, the words that expel from his black-lined lips. "Lepis, welcome. I appreciate you saving me the trip to Taiga. I hope you are prepared for this cold." His lips curve into a smirk, that is more playful than it is spiteful. He literally references the climate difference though, depending on her reason for visiting him, she could very well come face-to-face with his lack of trust in her. His greeting fails to offer the typical pleasantries (such as, "how have you been since we last spoke" or, "how is married life treating you") though, he is far from unfriendly. His diplomatic training was drilled deep within which allows him to talk his way out of just about anything. While he waits for her reply, the hairs along his back fall back into place.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Lepis - 08-28-2019, 07:49 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Jesper - 08-30-2019, 08:27 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Lepis - 08-31-2019, 08:34 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Jesper - 09-09-2019, 06:26 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Lepis - 09-21-2019, 07:34 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; jesper - by Jesper - 10-01-2019, 06:46 AM