• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  take me home, BQ roads

I’ve been avoiding the forest, but it was still inevitable that I would turn up here sooner or later. I wait until it’s daylight to explore beneath the canopy, however, because I know that I won’t have as strong of a chance to run into my family while the sun is shining. The smell of the acidic blood my mother and sister share still scorches my senses here and there, but it’s fading with the seasons.

They’re here, somewhere, I’m sure of it – but I don’t think this particular corner has seen them in at least a few cycles of the moon which makes me braver.

Not brave enough to go so far into the forest that I cannot see the edge – but, you know, brave-ish.

It’s late morning as I wander through the trees, not really with any purpose (though my secret purpose is that I do want a glimpse of my mothers, I want that hint of a hope that things will be better if I go to them).

All purpose is abandoned when I come across a tree that has been bent. Bent! It starts growing like any other tree but the trunk curves into almost a perfect arch. I tilt my head as far as I can, trying to figure out just what the heck happened here. It’s hard to figure out because I don’t know anything about trees… but still, a boy can wonder.

artwork by space1993

@[Heartfire] It's weird but it's a starter so it's ok <33

Messages In This Thread
    take me home, BQ roads - by Velkan - 08-19-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: take me home, BQ roads - by Heartfire - 09-06-2019, 04:52 PM
    RE: take me home, BQ roads - by Velkan - 10-08-2019, 01:52 PM
    RE: take me home, BQ roads - by Heartfire - 10-17-2019, 12:28 PM
    RE: take me home, BQ roads - by Velkan - 11-04-2019, 09:06 PM
    RE: take me home, BQ roads - by Heartfire - 11-18-2019, 05:17 PM