• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    One for all; Jesper, any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Leilan was never a diplomat, and the painful reminder is hidden in plain sight in this meeting; his avoidance of a direct answer to the direct question is because he hasn’t one, and perhaps this disappoints Jesper. Truth be told, he could have answered. It’s just not as simple and therefore not something explained easily in a sentence or two.

Same as with when he visited Loess. Heck, perhaps that is his answer then. But Jesper catches their falling conversation effortlessly, once again reminding the scaled stallion why he wanted Jesper in the council and as heir so badly. The roan smiles a little when without real confirmation, the black tells him all that had passed by. It’s not a good thing that Jesper got himself distracted from presenting himself everywhere on the Isle when it was needed, but the lone warrior had in the end defended the fortress, he supposes.

And Leilan really doesn’t want the job back, thank you very much.

Jesper’s change of topics explains a lot though. A lady. At this, Leilan’s smile, halfway through becoming both or either a frown and a grin, now breaks when he bursts into a short laugh. ”Perhaps you should ask her to keep an eye on it with you, just in case?” he teases.

Tossing his head back to get a look on the icy wasteland, Leilan notices (not for the first time) it looks a little empty. ”You should do some recruiting, my friend.” Ard’s smell is old and stale, and there’s new ones to replace them but they all smell like wet dog to him. Or, well, perhaps Jesper likes the canines. If he doesn’t, like the story of his injured leg says, he will need some backup.

”I’ve little news, since I’ve been away for over a year, at least that is my estimation. Breckin needed a break, so we left Beqanna. I returned earlier than she. She still hasn’t followed back.” (His world is not yet turned upside down - but it won’t be long now.) He looks at Jesper with a sparkle in his now aqua-green eyes. ”I finally found out where Cas went. Such a loyal citizen he was.” A chuckle. ”A fire dragon doesn’t belong here, I guess. He leads the Loessians now.” A grin follows. ”You’ve new neighbours by the way. Wolfbane and Lepis. Apparently a couple, and, apparently very Loess-minded.” He shrugs. ”At least, Lepis liked to rub that in. I already told her I couldn’t care less about her political connections - or anyone’s, really.” An indication of how their meeting went, no doubt, but he doesn’t say more. That would be telling - and besides not very useful information.

The roan tilts his head towards Jesper. ”As much as I liked Cas, I’ll be avoiding Taiga for now. I’ve been allowed to stay in the Mountain kingdom, which is cool enough for me. I’m afraid you don’t have that option?” he grimaces a little. Or, well, the other option is for Icicle Isle to remain silent as it has been, avoiding trouble that way. It had worked for Leilan at the time, but it doesn’t seem to fit his friend as much.

And that’s pretty much why he gave up leading anything, he remembers.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Jesper] some mess for you
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    One for all; Jesper, any - by Leilan - 08-19-2019, 06:29 AM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Jesper - 08-20-2019, 04:11 PM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Leilan - 08-22-2019, 11:04 AM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Jesper - 08-23-2019, 09:48 PM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Leilan - 08-27-2019, 02:57 PM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Jesper - 08-27-2019, 11:22 PM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Leilan - 08-28-2019, 07:44 AM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Jesper - 08-30-2019, 07:11 AM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Leilan - 09-03-2019, 11:12 AM
    RE: One for all; Jesper, any - by Jesper - 09-15-2019, 07:55 AM