• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When I fall to pieces in my sleep; Kyrapony

you said you'd wait forever, but I blinked and the world was gone

As a girl she’d dreamed of wings, of horns, and of magic… she’d dreamed of impossible colors and shapes; but never before had she been so confident to imagine herself with them. Unremarkable, she had thought herself, a scrawny legged girl whose color was little more than pale wheat and sun with nothing denoting a special quality to her. Time had changed that, and so had life, the darkened coat glossy and shining- mottled by milky blues and white flecks and jewels fastened themselves to her body in place of hooves and eyes.

Even ice, long and curly in thin strands, had become mane and tail as she knew them… frozen, eternally.

Rae though, she was beautiful, and Briella’s breath stuttered in her throat as she heard the sound of wings beating and of feather stretching as the mare landed and took place not far off. Glorious was the sheen of her coat, the mottled colors, and it was hard to take her eyes off the birdlike woman as she moved in manner of ways. Stretched wings or folded, it all seemed impressive, and Briella could hardly suppress the giddy chuckling or wild expression of wonder and childlike curiosity that blossomed in the pale blue gem-eyes.

“Rae?”  she chirped in response to the round, almost birdlike, stumbling on her word.  “Oh, I’m Briella- you… wow.”  she blinked, gesturing to the feathers and studying them.  “I’ve never met someone with wings before. You… they’re beautiful.”  it’s mellifluous in a way, her voice, and she speaks with an accent far older than most of Beqanna’s populace now.

Ancient and strange the familiar tone of the Valley lingers in her words, and Briella minds the distance but closes what she can. Standing near and aware of the other mare.  “Did you fly far? If… if you don’t mind me asking.” 

BRIELLA

@[Rae] Delayed but aaah, I love her.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When I fall to pieces in my sleep; Kyrapony - by Briella - 10-21-2019, 10:33 PM