• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Set fire to the roses on my grave; Ryatah

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

Honestly, he’d lost track of the time. Not like he didn’t have plenty of it anyway. Perks of being a god-damned immortal. Or well, whatever fucked up version of immortal he is, at any rate. Not that he’d call it a perk necessarily. More like a fucking shitty joke.

Still, he’s here, doing the same damned thing he does every day. Repeat ad nauseum.

Fuck, he needs something to do. Some dick-bag to kick in the guts. A pretty lady to fuck. He’s not picky. For a time though, even that’s not enough to drag him to his feet. Not like he doesn’t go out and do that same exact shit every god-damned time he’s bored. How does one cure boredom when the fucking cure sounds boring?

Damn. He’s so fucking tired of this sometimes.

Finally he manages to drag his lazy ass to his feet. With a soul-deep sigh (damn straight he’s getting fucking poetic), he half-heartedly shuffles over to the nearby lake. He’s not quite sure how long he stares into the still waters, but his eyes burning and stinging remind him he should fucking blink. With a self-deprecating snort, he shoves forward, feet splashing into the shallows as he almost mindlessly seeks to do something. Anything for fuck’s sake.

Lifting his wings, he wades deeper. Deeper. Until his feet can’t touch. Hell yeah. So fucking stimulating. -insert eye roll here-

Pulling the wings he’d spread across the water back, he uses them to shove himself upwards. Abruptly pulling them into his sides, he dives down into the murkey water nose first. He sinks down, the weight of the water surrounding him with a heavy silence. Fucking blissful. He’s usually not big on silence, but damn, this better than the fucking apathy he’d been smacked with.

As he drifts down, he opens his eyes, seeing the faint shadows of seaweed and fish glinting as they swim by. It’s dark. Mildly hellish. Well, fuck. Maybe this is where he belongs. He wonders then how long he can stay down here. Wonders if he has the balls to play chicken with his own life. Not that it’s much of a fucking loss if he does lose. He’d just fucking come back. Not that he’s especially keen on dying. Or being a damned kid again.

But even when his lungs begin to burn, he doesn’t surface. Not quite yet.

Hell, it beats the fucking apathy.

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    Set fire to the roses on my grave; Ryatah - by Ashhal - 08-16-2019, 02:55 PM