• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The boys are back in town // Any
    His brow quirked upward in mild amusement at her worldly assessment. So very certain for one so young. Then again, life didn't discriminate when it handed out trials. Perhaps she had every reason to be certain. He nodded in sage agreement with Cyprin, feeling the first threads of relaxation work through his spine. "You're very right. I hope you always have a kind soul to help you when the darkness comes." He wished her, exhaling a deep breath laced with pale smoke. 

Maybe... Maybe his family wouldn't be in the state it was if there had been more kind souls involved. Or maybe his mother would have gone mad no matter what, and it had only been a matter of time. Maybe he and his siblings were all just ticking time bombs, and some day her madness would infect them too. 

Now there was a frightening thought. How long would it take, before some battalion of warriors would be summoned to put down an unpredictable, rampaging dragon? For surely his alter self would enjoy the opportunity to tear free. If insanity was his birthright, he hoped there was a way to circumvent it. 

He shook away the grim thoughts, registering the question the girl in front of him had asked. "Sorry... That was rude of me. I'm Santana. Or Tana. Either one is fine." He shrugged. His name was his identity, and right now, he wasn't sure how much he wanted to do with it. Beside, there were better things to talk about now. Loess, huh? Well that narrowed things down. 

"Exploring is a great use of a day. Have you seen anything special since you've been out?" He asked, wondering off-handedly at what treasures could be found. He couldn't help that part. A piece of him would always be seeking to collect the beautiful and the unique. 

At her last question, the pale stallion flexed his winged in indecision. How much should he say? Sure, Cyrpin seemed harmless enough, but you really never could tell, could you? And besides... If his suspicions were correct, there may well be things he shouldn't say. So, he kept it brief. 

"A fresh start. Its what I'm looking for. For my little sister and I. She's had kind of a rough start, so... I guess I'm looking for someplace quiet she can start building her confidence. Any idea where such place exists?" He asked, not really thinking it would lead anywhere. His own tail thrashed in quiet frustration. They'd probably end up sheltering in the woods for a while. He still remembered the layout pretty well. 

@[Cyprin]

Messages In This Thread
    The boys are back in town // Any - by Santana - 08-15-2019, 08:30 AM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Cyprin - 08-15-2019, 09:48 AM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Santana - 08-15-2019, 11:18 AM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Cyprin - 08-15-2019, 12:32 PM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Santana - 08-16-2019, 10:22 AM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Cyprin - 08-19-2019, 08:28 PM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Santana - 08-20-2019, 12:20 PM