• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Damned If You Do; Damned If You Don't |Castile|

Long May She Reign

It would be a long road for the two of them, trust slowly being built. She tried to imagine him as a friend, but she can't help but feel as though she is betraying a partner who no longer exists. She once had feelings for the hound, but in is recent disappearance she was able to cut ties with him. So why shouldn't she put all of her concentration into Castile and what it is he wants, so she can have what she wants.

He looks at her pleased, like he had trained a puppy, created an obedient follower that he always wanted out of her. It shouldn't matter, because at this point she was loyal to him, but it still irked her, the pleasure he got from her discomfort.

But finally, he answers her question, in fact he does more than that. The dragon king catches her up on the recent politics for Loess, listing a long list of territories that allied with him. She wasn't surprised though, Loess was a strong kingdom, and if these were truly his allies than Loess was very possibly the strongest kingdom in all of beqanna.

And finally, he gives her a task, to visit Tephra to see who rules there still. A grin tugged at her maw, he was truly pushing her loyalty to him, but in the end it wasn't anything that would cause stress on her. Sure, she took Tephra's side when the war broke out, but it was simply because she was announcing her lack of allegiance to Loess. She had no true ties to Leliana, and if anything perhaps the mare would welcome Mary with open arms when she visits....if she still lingers that is.

Of course Castile! I won't waste any time making the trip. The words flow from her mouth easily, a response that Castile had most likely not expected so easily. But the next words that flow from his mouth have a fire igniting in her stomach. Her face remains with a grin, but she grows irritated with the low blow he takes at her. She didn't expected Castile to welcome Sinner back with open arms, but she also didn't need him to bring up the very truth that she attempted to bury. He tells her to remember who she sides with now, should she face the hound again, to remember how quickly he abandoned her. And it was true, the hound did abandon her when things got rough and she imagines the hound will come back at some point.

Mary nods her grey head to Castile, I understand, she says as if she were a puppy, loyal in listening to its master. I will do just that, and I will also head to Tephra, no sense in wasting time. With it the mare moves away from Castile, her body headed in the direction of Tephra. Her head turns back to Castile I will find you once I return from my visit, she notes before trailing out to Tephra.

MARY

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Damned If You Do; Damned If You Don't |Castile| - by Mary - 09-09-2019, 02:32 PM