• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the night breeze carries something sweet
    Midnight

Midnight remembers his time as a colt, when he saw things in only black and white. There was his mother, his sister-mother, and his many siblings - and that is it. His whole world centered in Loess, and when he trailed away from its grasp, there was never anything like it.

Never, until he met Larke.

Her healing touch strengthened him as a child, and he smiles as he reminisces on all of the little light creatures he created for her. They were an ideal duo: one so sweet showing one so incomplete how beautifully the world turns. Those memories he holds dear, even more so than the rare the sweetness from Starsin or the rare inclusion with his adopted brothers.

Larke’s chest is soft and comforting against Midnight’s, and he finds himself instinctually dipping his head into the elegant curve of her shoulder. He presses a gentle nibbing into her skin before stepping away with a goofy grin. “Did you miss me?” he teases, bumping his nose clumsily into hers. “I missed you.” This admission slips out as he turns his head away, and his cheeks burn with the embarrassment of it. No matter how many times he shows how much he cares, he still grows bashful with each hint at affection.

“What do you want to do today?” he manages to stutter out immediately after, tossing nervous eyes over the silhouette of the volcano. A light breeze ruffles his short, tangled mane and blows whisps into his eyes. He turns to peer at his friend through the curtains of hair and smiles, kicking one hoof impatiently into the ground. Midnight’s nervous mind tells him to suggest a swim in one of Tephra’s channels or an exploration of hardened lava, but a quickened beating of his heart keeps his mouth shut: such a fickle organ telling him to draw close to her and remain that way for the rest of the day.

now I wake up in the mornings and all the kindness is drained out of me
    i spend hours just wincing and trying to regain some sense of peace

@[larke] maybe he'll yawn and put his arm around her

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the night breeze carries something sweet - by midnight - 09-03-2019, 08:46 PM