• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The things we leave behind (Ruinam, Any)

-Adria-

Salt was all she could smell; salt and sweat, and the comforting scent of Ruinam beside her and Sande out further away. Her current mate seemed to enjoy the kiss she’d given him, returning the gesture with one of his own that closed Adria’s eyes and made her hum, satisfied, and the talk about Sylva, Starsin, and Loess ended in a playful joke about her elemental ‘abilities’. Ruinam had only seen one small inkling of what Adria knew she was capable of creating, and if that was enough to impress him into complimenting her, then she would accept the compliment. Nevermind that the way he said it left her chuckling along to his grin.

“My enemies tremble in their sleep.” The Nereid growled, managing to sound more seductive than terrifying. Every time the isabelline-colored stallion kept her company, Adria felt herself growing more accustomed to having him around. Especially when he kept glancing at their daughter like Sande was a fallen star. “My afternoon is yours.” The new mother replied flirtatiously, slinking alongside Ruinam’s shoulder with an obvious sway in her hips and a demure smile to set the mood for their walk.

Their steps were easy and Adria’s light, both accustomed to the gait of the other. Adria fell behind naturally, not so far away that they couldn’t remain touching (their curves bumped playfully against one another now and then,) just enough that Ruinam’s knowledge of the Resort’s walking trails shone through and pushed him ahead. She listened eagerly to what he proposed and looked thoughtfully ahead when he happened to glance at her. When Ruinam finished, a few questions and the vague idea of what her daughter’s father was scheming took shape in Adria’s thoughts.

“I do love the idea of an ocean haven made up of only the Islands,” She told him truthfully, “But defending a border entirely of water could present challenges, as well as strengths.” Sande’s mother mused.

“How about the fact that two of Beqanna’s three islands belong with Tephra now?” Adria posed the first big hurdle, glancing at Ruinam with an expression that hinted towards Queen Leliana, “And which of the three islands would become the new kingdom, I wonder?” She teased the large, handsome stallion by nipping lightly at his skin.

To herself, Adria thrilled at the idea. Ruinam couldn’t possibly imagine how oddly similar his thoughts came to hers. There’d be no better time to shift alliances than the present, considering all that’d happened. With the war behind her, Beqanna seemed on edge and hungry for change. Now Ruinam and Adria had a bit of that hunger as well, and personally Adria wasn’t entirely motivated when it came to supporting either Tephra or Loess. Both had disappointed her in action.

The East was still a mystery - she tucked that thought away for later - and Nerine hadn’t moved to send an envoy to anyone, really. In fact, Adria harbored a girl named Vita who’d left there on purpose. Adria assumed they were frozen in their ice and hidden in their cliffs.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Ruinam]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The things we leave behind (Ruinam, Any) - by Adria - 08-18-2019, 06:03 PM