• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  give me hope in the darkness; Nihlus
    SO GIVE ME HOPE IN THE DARKNESS THAT I WILL SEE THE LIGHT
    'CAUSE OH THAT GAVE ME SUCH A FRIGHT
    Maybe it’s odd, him setting up with his lover on a satellite island of a land ruled by one of his many flings – but Brennen has been in weirder situations. And what he has with Adria was never more than an affectionate friendship, a co-parenting situation. She’s probably happier to have him close by, close enough to help wrangle their twins – mostly Luath, the capricious and occasionally concerning bloodthirsty kelpie colt. Brennen admires his son, tries to nurture his least dangerous tendencies, but he sometimes frightens his mother in his very nature.

What is he doing here, on this small island? Right now, he’s doing magic. Weaving a complicated web of illusions and real changes, creating something straight from his own memories. His lover has been thinking of home a lot lately – and they can’t go home, not for real, but they can for a few stolen moments. It won’t hold forever (Beqanna hates magical changes to herself, and she’ll right herself eventually), so as soon as he’s finished his creation the bay sets off to find Nihlus.

The younger stallion is quite a bit taller than Brennen, and nearly ponderous at this point with the burden of their twins, but the magician doesn’t mind, winding his body around his lover’s and planting an affectionate caress along the boy’s crest before touching his nose briefly to Nihlus’ barrel to check on their children. Lifting his face, he meets Nihlus’ bright eyes with a smile, the kind that doesn’t hide any of his feelings. “I’ve something for you,” he murmurs, waiting for an acknowledgement before he can lead him to his recreated Tundra beachfront.

Brennen had gotten over the Tundra. Years of distance, time in several other Kingdoms, and it had become merely a piece of reoccurring dreams. That was before Nihlus had waltzed back into his life, a blast from the past and the time he’d tried so hard to forget. Somehow, this time it was different. There’d always been…something he liked about the obnoxious younger stallion, but if it had been feelings this strong, Brennen had been incapable of recognizing them. They’d butted heads many times and he might have advised one of his daughters that they were being flirted with, but it just hadn’t been like that amongst the brothers. Not for Brennen. Until it was.

Nihlus is still an obnoxious little shit, but somehow it’s different when he’s Brennen’s obnoxious little shit. Shaking off a memory of facing off against a smart-mouthed blue-eyed youth, the bay stallion reaches over and nips at the other stallion’s shoulder and then brushes the same spot with an inky-black wing. “Do you want to see?”

BUT I WILL HOLD AS LONG AS YOU LIKE
    JUST PROMISE ME WE'LL BE ALRIGHT
    Brennen

@[Sid] @[Nihlus]

Messages In This Thread
    give me hope in the darkness; Nihlus - by Brennen - 08-02-2019, 10:36 PM