• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

got me on my knees; Brunhilde

His prison is his own. Trapped to the confines of his own mind, banging on walls until he bruises, scrapping at concrete floors until skin bleeds red. Screams. Voice grows hoarse. He quiets. Reaching out through tiny bars in the window, but no one reaches back. Alone. He is left to pace between the four walls that feel smaller than they did yesterday, why do they feel smaller? And then he is screaming again, staring at those damn walls, those same, damn four walls he has been staring at for years. Unmovable. Break them down, he wants to break them down. He is so tired of watching that idiot take control, the deviant that locked him away in this unbreakable fortress. Why cant anyone hear him? Answer me, he screams. Answer me! 

No one comes. 

They never come. 

His mind is utterly absorbed in the pebble he kicks so lackadaisically with his hoof following the rolling stone in a manner entirely predatory, watching the rock roll and tumble- his desire to leap upon it simply because. His wings ruffle on his back. It is then he accidentally kicks it into the lack, resulting in an entire lack of interest as he allows his gaze to look upwards, with no idea where he is. He does not understand time, not truly, has never learned to read the sun or understand beyond day and night. He does not know, truly, how long it has been since that fateful day, knows only that it has been....long and as such it means little to him that he has been wandering only to end up right back where he had started as a colt. 

Thales is a shell of his former self. He relies on instinct alone to live his life, his mental capacity holding barely beyond that of a newborn, if it were not for the voice in his head, that former self, that fights s desperately for its own control, watching the beast that is Thales stumble about in his lanky body. Very nearly incapable in this own body of his. He knows to eat, to breath, to drink, he can even fly when it suits him. 

His mind struggles so very much to understand, his fractured thoughts are unable to reach past the point of mere fleeting moments, no real hold onto them before they float in the abyss. Whatever tentative hold still remains to connect him to other people continues to drift still further and further away, that single piece of his humanity lost as he has spent years and years searching for ones he cannot even remember anymore. The obsessive nature of his mind however, will not allow him to rest, at least- not for long. His mind clings with dangerous determination to whatever fractured memories of his companion remain, the dishevelled grullo looks scruffy and underfed. He has clearly not known companionship in some time. 

Greens eyes look around the area, out towards the water, the pebble clearly forgotten in the sparse time that has passed. He notices then how the water moves slightly closer to him, rippling in the light breeze. He moves back ungracefully, his dislike for the liquid evident in that moment. “Stay…away,” comes that garbled speech from long forgotten use. “No,” it is clearly a command. And he expects to be obeyed.

T H A L E S

@[brunhilde]

Messages In This Thread
    got me on my knees; Brunhilde - by Thales - 08-01-2019, 11:48 PM
    RE: got me on my knees; Brunhilde - by brunhilde - 08-09-2019, 01:01 AM
    RE: got me on my knees; Brunhilde - by Thales - 08-14-2019, 10:11 PM
    RE: got me on my knees; Brunhilde - by brunhilde - 09-04-2019, 02:42 PM