• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  truth hurts; needed something more exciting
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    The girl’s arrival might be a very convenient one for Hyaline - though the roan is careful not to let the little white intruder know of this. But should she... choose to stay... or even, let anything slip regarding politics, like that her mother is looking to make a political match for her eldest daughter, then perhaps Hyaline might profit from it in some way. Thus, he makes sure to keep her talking. They already know that the mother figure is looking for this match. They also know that the father is looking to strengthen their warrior class.

They sound very much like they’re preparing some sort of move.

Now, Leilan usually doesn’t care about political ties. That’s why having Kensa as a ruler is so convenient - Hyaline as it is, is not often mentioned as a most important land to be allied with, but also has no real enemies as far as is known, as far as he is concerned.

He wouldn’t personally like that to change much, but perhaps he doesn’t like change at all, like he didn’t like his kids growing up or people fighting him over what clearly should have been Nerine’s safeland from the start.

All that is in the past though. Now, he is drawn back to attention by Kensa’s question. Names. He has his suspicions, but the girl already confirms her father’s name. Putting one and one together (Where is Bane, anyway? he’d asked not too long ago), he knows who they’re talking to, now. ”So that makes you a Very Important Princess, does it not?” the scaled stallion concludes in a light-hearted tone, as if her title doesn’t really matter to him. But he knows it might matter to Kensa.

Kensa names him Lieutenant, which earns her a very subtle blink but otherwise he doesn’t mention it - possibly she just hadn’t had the chance to offer him this promotion, but he rather likes the idea of an alliterating title to his name. He nods instead to Celina, giving her a smile. ”I bet we do. I knew your dad once, when we were both in Loess; I don’t think anyone is better suited for that job in Taiga. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind if I told you a few tricks before you leave.” he thinks aloud, then looks to Kensa. ”But she wants to see the lake first, I’m guessing?” he says while already turning half-ways towards the girl, not wanting to make her feel excluded in the decision-making.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Kensa]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: truth hurts; needed something more exciting - by Leilan - 09-17-2019, 10:17 AM