• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  now I'm terrified and restless but I just cannot escape, Tunnel

CASIMIRA

dragon-shifting daughter of ashhal and ryatah

Being reborn is different than being born. 

There was no warmth of her mother’s body. There was no twin curled next to her, her heartbeat always in sync with his. Being reborn was cold, and empty, and lonely.

A single dragon scale, lost in the ash and rubble of scorched Tephra earth, is all that was needed. That single scale, planted like a seed, eventually grew and twisted and bloomed into her. She remembers opening those crystal-blue eyes, and blinking the bleariness away. She remembers, instinctively, that she thought of Cassian first, and then her mother, and then,there was the flash of the star-studded girl hurtling towards her on the battlefield. She doesn’t remember if the impact hurt. She isn’t sure how long she was dead for.

She just knows that she wakes up alone.

When she had first looked down at spindly newborn legs, she remembers how helpless she had felt as the tears streamed down her face. She wanted to find her mother and her brother, but something kept her from doing so. She doesn’t know why, but she feels ashamed for dying. She feels ashamed that she cannot control herself in her dragon form, that she had gotten herself into such a mess that someone killed her. Because now she remembers, in broken fragments, how her hunter’s eye had zeroed in on the golden stallion that day that Loess attacked. She would never forgive herself if she hurt her mother, or her brother, or even her half-siblings. 

And so, she had quietly gathered herself up, and thankfully the tired kingdom was too busy to notice when the small girl disappeared.

The forest had become her home, since then, even though she doesn’t fit in with the dark shadows. She is vibrant and white, with bright, ice-blue eyes that glitter and reflect like shards of broken glass, and there is something eerie, almost ghost-like in the way she slips through the trees. She should have been scared of the forest; she should have been scared of the alien creatures she had encountered with Evenstar, but they are so far in the back of her mind that she doesn’t think of them often. She can’t think of them, because then she will think of saving her sister from them, and then she will think of her brother, and then she will think of her mother, and then she will want to go home. 

But she can’t go home. She can’t go home when this monster keeps growling inside the cage of her chest, and she can’t control it when it's unleashed.

@[Tunnel]
    she's a yearling now, sorry I had to do some ~backstory~ in the beginning since I never wrote her being reborn.

Messages In This Thread
    now I'm terrified and restless but I just cannot escape, Tunnel - by Casimira - 08-01-2019, 01:16 AM