• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  sweetest thing; Brinly

There’s no sense of fear in her, no concern that she might be burned at all. It’s a little bit naivety, of course - Isilya never expects to be hurt - but she also has complete and utter faith in her magic. It has never failed her before, and she does not ever assume that is going to. Plus, she trusts Brinly too! It does not matter that they just met. She likes the bay mare!

She is only on alert in case she needs to just pour some more encouragement over her new friend. But aside from a small retraction, during which Isilya holds her breath out of fear of scaring Brinly away with a small twitch, everything seems to be fine. There’s not even a little bit of heat, aside from the usual body heat, and she has a warm, sunny smile to give as the distance between them grows again.

“Scaled creatures are tough things. Not unlike you, I think.” Isilya comments, her green-and-gold eyes shining bright as they look at Brinly. Is it too early to be making statements like that? Probably. But since when does that hold Isilya back? She believes it is true, which is why she says it.

Although she wants to just wrap Brinly up in a hug… but since they had only just gotten to the point of a simple touch - Isilya holds herself back. For now.

“With or without scales, though, you cannot hurt me. And I suspect it will be true for anyone else with scales that you come across – though you are going to have to forgive me if that proves untrue.” She lapses into troubled thought for a second at that before brightening again not even a second later. “But! I can probably enchant anyone so that they’re safe!”

isilya
    image from flickr

@[Brinly] tagging you as I sit beside you

Messages In This Thread
    sweetest thing; Brinly - by Isilya - 07-26-2019, 06:01 PM
    RE: sweetest thing; Brinly - by Brinly - 08-04-2019, 12:12 PM
    RE: sweetest thing; Brinly - by Isilya - 08-09-2019, 09:56 PM
    RE: sweetest thing; Brinly - by Brinly - 08-19-2019, 04:35 PM
    RE: sweetest thing; Brinly - by Isilya - 09-08-2019, 06:32 PM
    RE: sweetest thing; Brinly - by Brinly - 10-01-2019, 02:12 AM
    RE: sweetest thing; Brinly - by Isilya - 10-01-2019, 01:17 PM
    RE: sweetest thing; Brinly - by Brinly - 10-19-2019, 03:15 AM