• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  The old that is strong, does not wither - any

that's all there is

The deep carpet of greenery muffles her footsteps as she comes upon them. One of the stallions is quite familiar to her – Noah flashes the pinto a quick smile before turning her green gaze to the spotted stranger. He’s been under the impression that the land is empty, but perhaps he just hasn’t been looking for her hard enough. The little red mare hasn’t been hiding, exactly, but she is incredibly shy; and with all the crashing around he’s been doing avoiding him has been quite easy. She’s only really tempted out of the woodwork today because Castile’s presence bolsters her bravery.

“You’ve become a resident simply by residing.” Whisper-quiet, as usual, he’ll have to pay attention to hear her. Perhaps he simply needed to be quieter and pay more attention himself, rather than crashing around bold and loud, and the Pampas residents would have revealed themselves to him. “But the current residents prefer the peace and quiet. I’m not sure you’re going to fit in very well.” There – more than a slight hint of censure in her words. “And odd, to claim you don’t come for power when you have challenged me for the Pampas. I certainly hadn’t been keeping you from living peacefully here, which is all you claim to want.”

She glances at Castile, and there’s quite a bit of affection in her gaze and also gratitude, because she hadn’t missed the part where he’d affirmed that Loess stood behind her. “I’m not a warrior, but this is my home, and I like it the way it is. I suppose I shall see you on the Plains.” Noah doesn’t have a champion. She’d never felt the need to appoint one – the protection of Wolfbane and then Castile had always felt like enough, but her negligence in this manner has suddenly become an issue, because she will have to face the behemoth on her own. The Pampas is all she has left, and she will not allow him to take it from her without a fight.

Turning away from Aodhan completely, she gives Castile another smile. Her heart still hurts from the conflict of the short war – it had felt like all of her few friends arrayed against each other, with Leliana on one side and Castile, Wolfbane, and Lepis on the other – but despite that uncertainty, she is glad to see him here. Noah wants nothing but peace, and she doesn’t understand what drove them to war at all, but she misses them when she secludes herself amongst her flowers. “How is your family? And Loess?” she asks the questions warmly, eyes bright for him in a way they certainly hadn’t been for the stranger.

noah

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The old that is strong, does not wither - any - by Noah - 07-30-2019, 10:59 PM