• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ilma;
    Ilma
    One night I will be the moon
    hanging over you

One night I will be a star
    follow where you are
    There are some things they will never agree on, and yet she can't help trying every now and then. But the truth is that she gets tired, of arguing, of being the only one to ever stand in his way. No longer, she promises herself. If he doesn't want her around like he seems to be saying, because he knows she will say something that is not in line with his own thoughts, then let him see how well he fares on his own. He's proud enough to steer his ship into the rocks on his own, certainly he won't need her trying to pull on the sails to alter the course slightly. Not if that only annoys him.

She nods when he admits he's ambitious as well - she has been, too, for a time. But she found how hard it was to climb certain people's walls, and decided that she had better things to do in life.

She cocks her head at him when he rebukes - strongly - that he doesn't want a mother or teacher. "Teaching and halting ambitions aren't the same thing. Sometimes retaliation is warranted - but I still think that revenge can come in a thousand different forms. Not burning a land to the ground is not the same as rolling over." she shakes her head. "Sometimes it's standing above such primal instincts that defines the kings from the monsters." She uses the words deliberately, looking him in the eye to make sure he knows it.

And perhaps her not being with him indeed means she is against him, she now wonders. When he asks, as if it is all a game, as if it weren't about lives being lost before having properly lived. Her eyes narrow at his humorous tone. "You say so. After all, there are only those two options in your mind. I wouldn't want to add the grey bits if you don't want to look at them anyway." Irritated, she slashes her tail near her hocks, and decides she is quite done for now.

On top of it, he decides for her that she probably should just stay here (beneath the surface, that is not to mingle with him or his politics at all). And the worst is that he's probably right. "Maybe I'll see Loess for myself one day, to see what you made of it. Maybe I won't. For now, if you're only here to complain about my mothering you and being your enemy, then perhaps it's best if you left my home and do whatever you think is best without seeking approval that you won't get." Frowning at him, she turns her head to look at the others in the meadow.

They'd probably talked too long - and as always, can't find the middle ground no matter how much she offers; both grow irritated at prolonged exposure. But there are lines she won't cross either, things she can never approve of. If they're already enemies like he seems to think, then he hasn't ever seen an enemy of hers yet - but if this continues, he just might.

There's a silent promise that she makes herself - never to get attached to someone who so easily turns their back on what she values so highly, again.
    Hurry, the sun is waking
    Darling, don't leave me waiting

blerp
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Ilma; - by Castile - 07-17-2019, 10:03 AM
    RE: Ilma; - by Ilma - 07-17-2019, 11:07 AM
    RE: Ilma; - by Castile - 07-17-2019, 01:36 PM
    RE: Ilma; - by Ilma - 07-17-2019, 03:19 PM
    RE: Ilma; - by Castile - 07-18-2019, 01:18 PM
    RE: Ilma; - by Ilma - 07-20-2019, 08:26 AM
    RE: Ilma; - by Castile - 07-30-2019, 04:03 PM
    RE: Ilma; - by Ilma - 08-09-2019, 07:30 AM