• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The sun hung from a string, looking down on the world - any

i never said that i would be your lover
    i never said that i would be your friend
    i never said that i would take no other

She has assigned her few proactive members to visit the territories and herds around them and has begun to make her own visits to the kingdoms, independent of Pangea or the crown’s interests. Kensa is part of the East and yet the habit of putting Hyaline first remains even when her own husband is settling into the throne. 

Kensa is returned from an errand and roaming up into the heights, eager to stretch her legs upon the familiar and challenging terrain of her home. She pauses once in her zig-zagging ascent up a steep mountainside to watch her oldest son (brilliantly golden and substantially built) loping Eastward. He doesn’t sneak but she is not entirely pleased to see him visiting Pangea, knowing his purpose.  He is a stallion now and though his mooning after Dawn is no longer the cute crush of a little boy she is in no more position to prevent it than she had been when he was weeks old. He is bound to be hurt, she does not see in him her own romantic resilience or his father's hungry indifference. She endeavors to put those worries away and climb higher, refocusing on the splendor of these savage heights rather than the heartbreaks her most beloveds are doomed to suffer.

For not the first time an unfamiliar scent catches the Primarch’s attention. At this height the stranger is not just passing through and so she puts her feet to the flinty trail that will take her in the direction of the stallion, she thinks she knows where he might be lingering.

“Not a bad spot to take in the view though our tourists don’t usually come so high.” Her topaz eyes take in his scales which bear a layer of frost like the rime that forms upon the clear lake-ice in winter. It is strange and beautiful (she is given to finding something to appreciate in just about everything) but she remains quiet on that count. “Kensa.” She says, a quick and simple introduction though she keeps her distance so as not to disturb his comfortable reclined position.  “Have you visited Hyaline before?”

kensa
    love is madness

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The sun hung from a string, looking down on the world - any - by Kensa - 07-24-2019, 02:08 AM