• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

EVERYONE
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Slowly, they begin to assemble.

Their numbers are stretching across multiple lands. He cannot expect everyone to be here, not anymore, but he is still pleased nonetheless with those that present themselves. Their eyes reach out to him and observe how he stands and how he addresses them with the undergoing changes. Their interests wax and wane with each sliver of information until Castile’s lips purse shut and he opens the discussion for anyone and everyone.

He is patient for them as his curiosity climbs higher and higher. Their faces, contemplative and stern, look away from him for a brief while before turning back with answers, ideas, and offers.

”Yes, Oriash and Brunhilde, go to the Cove and see what all has changed there,” his heart hammers at the idea of sending the children (always children in his eyes). Ori more so considering that has been her home. The Cove was her birthplace, her house of memories. ”Come back as soon as you can,” his voice softens subtly for them, almost in a paternal manner until they dismiss themselves from the group to attack their first mission.

Next, is Brigade and Starsin.

Admittedly, Castile is surprised – but also relieved – to see the stallion still among them, still upholding his promise. Despite the manner of his stay, he grits his teeth and presses on dutifully. Castile nods to the man, a quick bob, before flashing his eyes to his advisor. An upward tilt of his head betrays his surprise and relief. Surely, he can trust her. ”Starsin, Sylva is yours until you deem someone trustworthy enough to succeed you. You can take someone as a co-leader if you want, whether that is Ophanim, Sochi, or someone else that you find suitable… Just let me know.” Because he refuses to be unaware of Loess’ territory. To be oblivious is to be week and disjointed.

With a glance to Brigade then back, he adds, ”And take Brigade. He deserves a place in the army, I think.” A feeble grin softens the harsh edges of his face, but it disappears quickly. ”There’s a bridge between Loess and Sylva still. Come and go as you please, but keep me updated. I’ll occasionally check in, too.” It would be unlike him to sit on the sidelines, inactive and uninvolved in his home’s activities.

With them addressed, he focuses on what group remains. ”Anyone else? Anyone willing to visit some of the other lands?”

castile

Messages In This Thread
    EVERYONE - by Castile - 07-08-2019, 08:52 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Oriash - 07-08-2019, 04:02 PM
    RE: EVERYONE - by brunhilde - 07-08-2019, 11:13 PM
    RE: EVERYONE - by brigade - 07-09-2019, 01:02 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Starsin - 07-09-2019, 01:59 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Castile - 07-17-2019, 09:34 AM